Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Book catalogue software
J T 10:09 16th May 2010
We want to catalogue our books before we put them into storage.

I CBA typing all that out, so am on the lookout for some software that will do it for us, easily and quickly. Something that'd let us just enter the ISBN and do the rest for us would be great. It looks like there are quite a few programs that can do this.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Preferably something free or dirt cheap.... or
[Reply]
Harrison 16:37 17th May 2010
What about just using Amazon? You can add books to a wish list, but you might also be able to add them to an owned list. Not sure, you would have to check.
[Reply]
Teho 16:48 17th May 2010
You can mark books as owned there just so that the recommendation system stops recommending them to you at least. Don't think there's a proper catalouging system there though.
[Reply]
Submeg 08:30 26th May 2010
Oh, you don't want to build a database? Like I had to for my 800+ cds?
[Reply]
Harrison 11:34 26th May 2010
This one looks good.

http://www.librarything.com/

Or for a commercial one, this one http://www.collectorz.com/book/ is good. It even has an iphone app to access to the library you create.

I've used their game collector version of this software in the past and it seemed good.
[Reply]
J T 12:45 26th May 2010
I've been giving readerware a go and it's OK. Really need to get hold of a crack or serial though. Anyone know of any reliable sites they would care to recommend?
[Reply]
Harrison 12:49 26th May 2010
That readerware software does look good. Maybe even better than collectorz. Does it only support books music and films? Or can it also do games? I've been looking for an all-in-one solution for a long time that could do all of them.

I'm also looking for one that has wishlists/wanted lists. Does it have that?

And how does it catalogue music? Can you point it to an MP3 collection to auto catalogue it?
[Reply]
J T 15:49 26th May 2010
I'm afraid I can't really answer many of those, as I've only used it for a couple of boxes of books. It is a little more clunky in places than it ought to be. I'm not sure I'd want to use it for MP3 collections, although I may have an experiment.

There is a free 30 day trial, and the limits placed upon it are really quite generous.
[Reply]
outlawal2 17:17 26th May 2010
I use COLLECTORZ for my Games and software and I also bought the movie edition to keep track of my DVDs and Blu Rays... I have everything stored in Atlantic disc pods and can locate anything I want by going to the appropriate dbase and it will tell me which pod and slot... Works very nice so I am sure the COLLECTORZ software for book collecting will work well too. They also have a barcode reader that I would bet would make cataloging much easier..

Go out the website (www.collectorz.com) and see if it is what you are looking for...
[Reply]
tammyfoster 18:25 24th December 2010
Torrent is the best place to get anything that You require. Whatever I want just go to on torrent search engine and I found the software or movies, musics, etc... for free. I think that this is the best place to find it any software and it's easy to use.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up