Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Amiga Games and CDDA tracks
Harrison 16:02 11th May 2010
I passed the cable under the daughter board so it fits quite nicely out of the way. I can't remember how long the cable was I used though.
[Reply]
Phantom 16:08 11th May 2010
Anyway, I've ordered it and I will check my luck. It's only 1 euro, so no big deal.
[Reply]
Phantom 17:17 13th May 2010
I've got the cable today. Tonight I will try my luck to see what will happen.
[Reply]
Phantom 21:54 13th May 2010
Nothing happened. WTF?

Any ideas? Do I need to install something else? AHI maybe?
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 22:07 13th May 2010
Does it recognise any music tracks at all? If you put an audio CD in does it play?
[Reply]
Phantom 22:29 13th May 2010
Nothing.

---------- Post added at 01:29 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

Forget it. My mistake.

Bubble Heroes is both data and CDDA disk. Double clicking on CDDA disk icon it plays the music normaly via PlayCD of AmigaOS 3.9.

But when trying to run the game and choose scsi.device unit=1 for CDDA tracks, I get the same error requester. WTF?
[Reply]
Buleste 22:43 13th May 2010
Bubble Heroes is buggier than a version of Windows and the CDDA tracks aren't really worth listening to anyway. I ended up just playing the game and then wondering why the hell you needed RTG as I saw nothing that couldn't be done with AGA. It's not even a good Bubble game although it is the only one on Amiga if I remember rightly.
[Reply]
Phantom 23:05 13th May 2010
Originally Posted by Buleste:
Bubble Heroes is buggier than a version of Windows and the CDDA tracks aren't really worth listening to anyway.
I just want to check if everything works with CDDA.

Originally Posted by Buleste:
I ended up just playing the game and then wondering why the hell you needed RTG as I saw nothing that couldn't be done with AGA.
Now I must say that RTG was the best option apart from AGA too. If I remember during the installation you have to choose between those two.

Imagine that I don't have a scandoubler in my A4000, so the RTG option was really a nice addition, don't you think?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up