Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Dungeon Master under WHDLoad
Phantom 17:23 10th May 2010
I recently got an original copy of Dungeon Master RPG game.

I've downloaded the appropriate WHDLoad download for the game, although it seems that everything copied normal, running the game under WHDLoad I always go to a new screen of Workbench 1.3 with the disk (like A500's boot screen for example) and then nothing.

Anyone succeed running Dungeon Master under WHDLoad.

I used it under my A1200 which has a Blizzard MKIV 030/50MHz - 32MB RAM accelerator.
[Reply]
Buleste 17:40 10th May 2010
Try downloading either this or this from WHDownload. They are the complete installations. The first is version 1.1 and the second is version 1. Just unzip them into the desired folder and away you go.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:44 10th May 2010
Or failing that, try the installed version in in the KGWHD Game Packs.

I've not actually tried running DM with WHDLoad. It is one of my favourite games, getting it on release on the Atari ST and completing it, then playing Chaos Strikes Back, and then using the editor to create my own levels. All great fun.

And I bought it again the Amiga later and played it right through again.

Not as good as Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2, but as the first of its kind Dungeon Master is a mile stone and a brilliant game when it was released. I still love the rune based magic system.
[Reply]
Buleste 18:45 10th May 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Or failing that, try the installed version in in the KGWHD Game Packs.
They are the installs from the KGWHD packs. WHDownload splits them up into their individual games so that there is less to download.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up