Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Having a Bad Day
Buleste 13:12 5th May 2010
Just had a knock on the door. This rather miserable looking bloke showed me his ID for IPSOS/MORI the market research company and said "Just say no. Everyone else has.". So being a gentleman I replied "fair enough, no." and closed the door. I love to see people who are happy in their job.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:55 5th May 2010
I take it he was doing a survey for the election?

At least someone has been around your area. I've not seen a single person related to the election in this area, and this is very surprising because we have a very marginal seat. In the last election the Lib Dems only won the seat by 100 votes over the Conservatives, so you think they would be fighting more here.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:21 5th May 2010
He couldn't even be bothered to say what the survey was about he was so defeated. I wouldn't be surprised if I hear on the news either a market researcher has killed himself or he's gone on a killing spree .

I don't even know if this was a marginal seat I just know that the sitting Labour MP is a woman and the Tories have a female candidate who is younger and prettier (notice I said prettier and not pretty because no matter how much I've drunk I've never thought she looked pretty in the road signs and I've tried drinking quite a lot) so Labour have bought out the big guns and I received this through the post today.

Now that a bald, has been "actor" has told me to vote for her I'm sure too.
[Reply]
AndyLandy 15:29 5th May 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I take it he was doing a survey for the election?

At least someone has been around your area. I've not seen a single person related to the election in this area, and this is very surprising because we have a very marginal seat. In the last election the Lib Dems only won the seat by 100 votes over the Conservatives, so you think they would be fighting more here.
Which constituency are you in? Romsey/Southampton North?
[Reply]
Harrison 15:58 5th May 2010
Yes, that's the one.
[Reply]
AndyLandy 16:01 5th May 2010
Yes, that's the one.
Apparently that's target no. 4 on the Conservative hitlist. It's a very highly-contested constituency. Sandra Gidley is the incumbent Lib Dem MP, if memory serves.

Alas, I'm in Southampton Test, which is more-or-less a Labour safe-seat, so I don't have nearly as much voting power.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:11 5th May 2010
Yes, Sandra Gidley is the MP "at the moment". All that could easily change tomorrow. Caroline Nokes is the Concentrative opposition.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:21 5th May 2010
Yes, Sandra Gidley is the MP "at the moment". All that could easily change tomorrow. Caroline Nokes is the Concentrative opposition.
WTF!!! You get for a candidate and I get as a candidate for the Contraceptive party.

I always thought the women in my area were munters.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:28 5th May 2010

Obviously need to move mate!
[Reply]
Buleste 17:06 5th May 2010
I wouldn't mind but she had to be shipped in by the Collective Party (probably by cattle truck) because she was born in the Staffordshire Moorlands (she left age 4 and moved back only recently). They could have at least found someone better looking with a thirst for power. All they have to do is trawl the exclusive nightclubs on a Saturday night for potential WAGS, get her to write down her policies in crayon, get her kit off and she'll have enough votes for a majority .
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up