Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Having a Bad Day
J T 19:06 5th May 2010
The woman standing for the Conservatives round our way was involved in setting up a religious help-group that aims to 'cure' gays by prayer, apparently

As if I needed yet another reason not to vote for them.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 19:35 5th May 2010
I haven't had anyone visit us regarding the election. I have had a few leaflets though, and a letter from our Labour MP John Healey, who also sent me a birthday card last year .
[Reply]
Buleste 20:11 5th May 2010
Originally Posted by J T:
The woman standing for the Conservatives round our way was involved in setting up a religious help-group that aims to 'cure' gays by prayer, apparently

As if I needed yet another reason not to vote for them.
If they can set up a prayer group to "cure" gays then why can't they do one to "cure" ugly women. I'd join. Even better if they created a prayer group to "cure" stupid people then they'd "cure" themselves and create a paradox .
[Reply]
Harrison 02:19 6th May 2010
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I haven't had anyone visit us regarding the election. I have had a few leaflets though, and a letter from our Labour MP John Healey, who also sent me a birthday card last year .
The birthday card is a marketing ploy to try and show you they care. In reality it is probably just a marketing tool to check you still live at that address. Don't think for a minute that they actually care, because MPs don't.
[Reply]
AndyLandy 07:52 6th May 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
The birthday card is a marketing ploy to try and show you they care. In reality it is probably just a marketing tool to check you still live at that address. Don't think for a minute that they actually care, because MPs don't.
Warning! Cynicism detector is registering 11!
[Reply]
J T 12:17 6th May 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
o2 sent me a bar of chocolate once, I think it was at Christmas time. It pleased me more than it really should have. It was Green&Black's too, so quite nice.

We have received SO MUCH CRAP through our letterbox about this poxy election. I wish I'd kept it all. Absolutely shameful, especially the amount the conservatives have sent.

Most annoying was a letter printed out to look handwritten, and put in a handwritten, nice envelope - getting my hope up for receiving something nice, only to open it up and quickly twig it was more junk
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 13:35 6th May 2010
We haven't really had more electrion leaflets than we normally get for local takeaways, Dominos Pizza, builders, gardners etc.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up