Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: jobcentreplus
Stephen Coates 11:36 30th April 2010
I haven't yet signed up to any agencies. I probably will do though. The Job coach just said to search on google for some. She said that you have to keep calling them up every week or two otherwise they are likely to just forget you. The people who did the back to work session said that people have found agencies to be pretty useless.

There are plenty of Royal Mail and Parcelforce places here, as well as other delivery companies. Are there any agencies that deal specifically with postmen etc? I was wondering as there was a programme on Channel 4 a while back about Royal Mail and a couple of reporters got jobs as agency postmen.

I am waiting to here about some temporary work that I was interviewed for. The exam board Edexcel have offices here and during the big exam seasons they take on lots of temporary staff to help in the warehouse and with data entry. I had an interview for it a few weeks ago but we have to wait four weeks before hearing anything.

I'm not sure whether people travel a long way specifically to work for Edexcel. My Mum said to expect alot of Asian/Indian people to be there, and there was. Out of the 16 of us being interviewed, only me and one other person were white. All were smart though and I expect they are good workers, so I don't see it being a bad thing. The Personnel staff did have a few issues pronouncing names though.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up