Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Firefox Java updates?
Demon Cleaner 15:15 23rd April 2010
What's happening lately with Firefox and the Java console extensions?? Firefox updates them at least 3-4 times a day, and that since 2-3 weeks now, which is really annoying, as it always wants you to restart the browser.
[Reply]
Phantom 15:26 23rd April 2010
I've noticed that too, but also I've noticed that I get an error message about Java, so Firefox advises to disable it and reboot Firefox again.
[Reply]
Shoonay 15:28 23rd April 2010
?

No idea, don't remember ever having to download a Java console extension... aren't you using the early beta of Minefield 3.7? That one got updated each day around 14:00 with the nightly build.
Maybe you've got an old version of Java, there is currently the 20th update out.

Well I am currently using the not-yet-released 3.6.4 version (FINALLY with the Flash/Java/Silverlight plugin process running in a separate process) but I doubt it's normal it want's you to update it...

I'd backup everything with FEBE (not the whole profile, every single extension, pass and stuff like that in a separate file, that way you will only restore what you want and know what might cause problems), uninstall Firefox, deleted all it's leftovers and installed again.

EDIT: What's the current version of your Java console? Mine's 6.0.20
[Reply]
Harrison 15:30 23rd April 2010
What version of FF are you using? I've had it update a couple of times in the last week, but not every day. A couple of the others I use seem to always have an update when I first start FF each time though.
[Reply]
Shoonay 15:35 23rd April 2010
My guess is you guys need to update Java, I do it regularly and honestly don't remember any Java console updates in Firefox.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:39 23rd April 2010
Java updates itself automatically if you install it right, so that shouldn't really be an issue.
[Reply]
Shoonay 15:41 23rd April 2010
True, but it always takes a few days/weeks/months before it notices there's an update, depending on your update interval settings.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:45 23rd April 2010
I know the other day I updated to 6.0.19 and almost immediately there was an update to 6.0.20. I use FF 3.6.3.
[Reply]
Phantom 16:12 23rd April 2010
Yes, the actual version is 6.0.20 now.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:43 23rd April 2010
Originally Posted by Buleste:
I know the other day I updated to 6.0.19 and almost immediately there was an update to 6.0.20. I use FF 3.6.3.
Mine too. But it asks me very often to restart Firefox, which is annoying.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up