Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Unstable 60hz output from my A1200(T)
woody.cool 15:12 16th April 2010
Hi all,

Recently, I've started to notice that my Amiga 1200 (in tower) has started to develop a strange video output problem that only affects 60hz output (or output using the NTSC monitor driver)
This happens no matter whether it's from a game (WHDLoad or NDOS booted floppy) or from a Workbench friendly app.

My A1200 is of the following spec:

Hardware

Software

Like I say above, I've tried booting from floppy, booting with a minimal WB (so bypassing everything, doing a boot with no Startup-Sequence and typing LOADWB and ENDCLI at the prompt) and obviously a normal startup.

This is looking increasingly like a hardware problem tbh.
Any ideas?

All help/idea/whatever appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers
woody.cool
[Reply]
Harrison 16:46 16th April 2010
Could be a hardware issue. Only effecting one screen mode/resolution is a little odd, although grounding issues often effect things like this. What PSU are you using, and how old is it?

Might also be custom chipset issue.
[Reply]
woody.cool 16:54 16th April 2010
Oh, the PSU is a 250W ATX PSU (can't remember the brand) which came with the EZ Z4 Tower case, so we're looking at approx 12 months old (if that) as I haven't had it all that long.
As for the Amiga 1200 .... well, it's the same A1200 motherboard (and 3.1 ROMs) that I've had for nearly 8 or 9 years, so that bit's getting old now!
[Reply]
Phantom 17:09 16th April 2010
250W I think it's sufficient for what you have inside your tower.
[Reply]
woody.cool 17:27 16th April 2010
Originally Posted by Phantom:
250W I think it's sufficient for what you have inside your tower.
Same here!
I have ordered a 4GB CF card and a CF-IDE convertor, so will be 'loosing' the HDD when they arrive.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up