Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread: Moving to Australia
Buleste 19:27 13th April 2010
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
What were American's like in the 1950s?
Younger and more arrogant and bigoted (they hadn't been through Vietnam then and mind altering drugs had not become relatively common place).

It depends on where you go in Australia as to how they are. I think that most of the people who settled in Australia were from Yorkshire (I know my family that live there were). Some areas have attitudes from the Victorian era whilst others are very liberal. Like Yorkshire they can be very welcoming to outsiders whilst others would look at you as if you were an alien because you speak with the wrong accent.

They love their cars there and if you watch Top Gear you will find that unlike Americans they can make muscle cars that can go round corners.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 08:59 14th April 2010
We have a relative who lives in Australia. I think she is related to my Grand mother, who went to live there for a few years, many years ago.
[Reply]
J T 10:18 14th April 2010
Oh no Teho, you didn't just link to TVtropes did you?

Must...... Resist...... clicking on link.......
[Reply]
Submeg 13:41 14th April 2010
Wollongong is nice, I've been there So you're not working in Sydney? Hopefully not, because traffic is a b1tch. I don't live in NSW, I live in SA, which is quite a distance SW. but I will eventually go back to NSW! Aus is awesome, I enjoy living here a lot, it is so laidback, it's a great atmoshpere
[Reply]
Buleste 19:29 16th April 2010
You should be al right for water. My mothers been in Oz for 5 weeks and she's made it rain wherever she's been including Uluru and Alice Springs. Mind you if the eruprion keeps going on in Iceland she may never make it back!!!!
[Reply]
J T 15:30 21st April 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I keep forgetting about Google Street View.

They announced the other week in the Chichester Observer that Google have finally completed Chichester, and there was a funny article/letter in the paper where a guy noticed the Google van was coming down his street, so he stood in his driveway and mooned it as it went by. Sadly he discovered the van later did his street again (for obvious reasons).
Which reminds me..... A friend sent this over a while ago, and I did enjoy it.
[Reply]
J T 18:15 4th May 2010
Visas were granted today, so we now have rights to live and work in Australia 'til 2014
[Reply]
Submeg 12:47 7th May 2010
Good stuff!
[Reply]
burns flipper 12:27 17th June 2010
Originally Posted by J T:
Oh no Teho, you didn't just link to TVtropes did you?

Must...... Resist...... clicking on link.......

[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:07 17th June 2010
Originally Posted by J T:
Visas were granted today, so we now have rights to live and work in Australia 'til 2014
A bit late perhaps, but I would like to say congratulations on obtaining the visas. Hope you'll enjoy Australia and all it has to offer.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Up