Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Should we throw Cheryl Cole out of an aeroplane?
Should we throw Cheryl Cole out of an aeroplane?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: Cheryl Cole
    Stephen Coates 18:37 23rd November 2010
    I was reading about some comments Jay Kay made about Cheryl Cole the other week.

He makes some very good points.

http://www.mtv.co.uk/music/x-factor/...inogue-jay-kay
    [Reply]
    J T 21:25 23rd November 2010
    Heh, sometimes I like Jay Kay, and other times I find him a tedious pillock.

This time I somehow manage to feel both at the same time. Musically, I quite like Jamiroquai, particularly some of the stuff from the first 3 albums.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 14:25 24th November 2010
    It must be frustrating for real musicians and artists to have to share their time and profession with people like that though. Manufactured artists with no musical talent... their only ability to passably sing and look good, if a bit "plastic". Great for the suits looking to make money, but offering nothing artistically. It must really piss real musicians off sometimes... as must shows like X-Factor.
    [Reply]
    Tiago 17:00 24th November 2010
    Originally Posted by Buleste:
    ... the fact that outside Britain no-one has ever heard of her
    very true,
    i don't know who she is... and by what i had read here, i am not going to search about her...
    [Reply]
    Harrison 23:55 24th November 2010
    All you need to know is:

1, Member of a crap manufactured girl group called Girls Aloud
    2, Footballers Wife (separated)
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 11:56 25th November 2010
    Originally Posted by Tiago:
    Originally Posted by Buleste:
    ... the fact that outside Britain no-one has ever heard of her
    very true,
    i don't know who she is... and by what i had read here, i am not going to search about her...
    Probably for the best. Even I am not actually sure what is significant about her except that she is a judge on the X Factor.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 13:41 25th November 2010
    And you have to ask... is the X Factor significant? Not in music terms it isn't! As a vehicle to make Simon Cowell more money it might be.

The auditions are good for a laugh, seeing how deluded some people can really be able their lack of talent, but then you get through to the studio finals and you start to question if the judges actually have any idea of musical talent themselves. And also if some of them are really qualified to comment!
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 17:40 25th November 2010
    I don't think they are really qualified to comment. I think that is what Jay Kay was getting at.

Can't say I have ever watched the X Factor, except for clips on Harry Hill's TV Burp.
    [Reply]
    burns flipper 11:53 6th December 2010
    Why are there still no pictures of Cheryl Cole in this thread??
    [Reply]
    Harrison 12:40 6th December 2010
    Are you saying you are interested then?..
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up