Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)
Shoonay 10:13 1st April 2010
... is out on NMA:

Originally Posted by killap:
[...]

The monumental day has finally come. Some of you lost hope; many patiently stuck around to the end. The beyond long awaited 2.0 release of the Restoration Project is at hand. This is a MAJOR release, which boasts overhauls to nearly all aspects of the content already in the mod. In addition, the eagerly awaited addition of the Shi sub can now be enjoyed, as well as several other minor/moderate new content additions. It seems like we're finally running out of cut content to add. Of course, no release would be complete without a slew of bug fixes to ensure a stable and enjoyable playing time. Not only were bugs fixed in the mod, but nearly a hundred bugs have been squashed that were in the vanilla version of the game and were not yet fixed by my unofficial patch. To me, this release is what I wanted version 1.0 of the mod to be. I'm extremely proud of what has been accomplished and ever so grateful to those who helped make it happen. It only took me about 2 1/2 years to get here.

[...]

[Reply]
Harrison 10:23 1st April 2010
You beat me to it! I was just about to post about this.

This is great news, and should breath completely new life into this great RPG. I will definitely be installing and playing this again with the new content.

This should also make Ghost very happy!
[Reply]
Shoonay 08:20 2nd April 2010
~24h have passed and already 10 pages in that thread!

Some bugs are being reported (no sound of punching the ants at the first Temple, fixed by Timeslip's sfall engine) and probably a lot more coming in the future... no way only a few people beta-testing this could catch all bugs, but now hundreds of players will.

Love the new graphics here and there, the Room when they test if you're the Chosen One looks cool.

Think I'll play it this weekend, probably at night, and/or between watching BreakPoint 2k10

EDIT: Forgot to say that there are already some fixes available, check the 1st post on the 1st page of that thread.
[Reply]
Shoonay 10:48 14th May 2010
Fallout Remastered OST available for free @ Aural Network (was available, currently down) or from the Mirror @ NMA.
[Reply]
Ghost 12:29 15th May 2010
Ah people still remember me

I see Shoonay is head of me with the OST Mirror info.
[Reply]
Shoonay 09:16 16th July 2010
2.1 is out!

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55490
[Reply]
Harrison 13:21 16th July 2010
Great stuff. I never got chance to try the 2.0 release, so now this one fixes so much more, and even bugs dating back to 1.0 I think this will be getting installed very soon.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up