Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Commodore USA announces a new PC (C64)
Demon Cleaner 14:08 24th March 2010
Check it out:

http://www.commodoreusa.net/index.html

[Reply]
Phantom 14:21 24th March 2010
It will run AmigaOS (from the slide on the site)? Via WinUAE?
[Reply]
Buleste 16:28 24th March 2010
There was something like this proposed a while ago but I think they called it Amiga I think. Basically it's an unxpandable PC that looks like shit and is either prone to overheating or noisier than a stoned Amy Winehouse.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:33 24th March 2010
I'm sure the images are identical to a similar system proposed a while back.

It is just a laptop with the screen removed and integrated motherboard graphics in its place. Probably at a very high price.

Also has anyone heard of CommodoreUSA? The only company I know if that officially holds the Commodore name and logo for commercial use is www.commodoregaming.com, who have been making some very nice gaming PCs for a couple of years now.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:57 24th March 2010
I know that Commodore USA is still trying to get the authorization to be able to use the logo.
[Reply]
Buleste 19:08 24th March 2010
There's probably companies all vying for the seperate names like Commodore International, Commodore Europe, Commodore USA, Commodore Decker etc...
[Reply]
Buleste 16:22 25th March 2010
I've found the original website.

[Reply]
Harrison 16:39 25th March 2010
Identical. Just another company trying to cash in on the retro revival.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:45 25th March 2010
Originally Posted by Buleste:
I've found the original website.
F**kers! You should confront Commodore USA with that, and ask them what all that hype is good for!
[Reply]
Buleste 17:55 25th March 2010
I've just had a look at the images on both sites and if you take a close look at the Commodore USA site you can see where they've Photoshopped the Logo off .
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up