Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Commodore USA announces a new PC (C64)
Phantom 23:39 25th March 2010
Totally suckers...
[Reply]
Harrison 00:11 26th March 2010
So, as expected, the whole site is a hoax and the product doesn't exist.

I had extreme doubts when I looked at the site yesterday and instantly recognised the system design. And also looking at the system specs they are quite out of date by about 2 years. Anyone building a new PC would be using i5 and i7 CPUs, not low end Core2Duo's that are no longer available.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 04:18 13th April 2010
Now they announced a new thing called Commodore Amigo, is this a hoax too??

http://www.commodoreusa.net/amigo.html
[Reply]
Buleste 08:27 13th April 2010
I can't see why anyone would copy anything that ugly.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:30 13th April 2010
Hmm... it is an interesting idea to create a PC in a keyboard form factor about the same size as a standard desktop PC keyboard, rather than the oversized A1200 style case design of the other design (which they are now naming Phoenix).

Is this Amigo design real? Who knows!

One thing that is interesting is the fact their site now seems to be working. When we first started this thread and discussed it, other than the images of the first system, none of the other links within the site worked or did much, and the ordering and price pages were broken. It now appears that everything on their site is now working, and they have a sales section working with paypal system (which would provide buyer protection if it does work).

However, at $475 even for the barebones version of the larger Phoenix system this is a very overpriced piece of hardware that I don't see many people wishing to risk purchasing and keeping their fingers crossed that it is real and will arrive and work.

Maybe the founder/s this Commodore USA company were really the original designers of the system they are now calling Phoenix, and it has just taken them this long to get it to market. I find that hard to believe, but who knows.

It would be very interesting to find some more information about this company, and if these products do really exist.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:24 14th April 2010
Originally Posted by :
Commodore Gaming disavows Commodore USA (and its decals)
Read this:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/12/c...nd-its-decals/
[Reply]
Harrison 14:07 14th April 2010
So the company is a complete farce then, as we suspected. They have basically just re-marketed that old all in one keyboard PC that we know was designed at least 2 years ago, and trying to sell it as a new C64. It was never going to work, and we now know that don't even have the rights to the Commodore name or logo.
[Reply]
Phantom 14:23 14th April 2010
That was a hoax from kms away.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up