Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: How can I get the display for Amiga500
Zirkie 20:43 15th March 2010
Hi!

Noob here! I have installed latest version of Winuae but can't seem to get that authentic Amiga display/resolution/feel. My games look like old PC Dos games! I'm sure there's a way to get it like the real deal. I have downloaded pixelshaders/filters but don't know if I'm doing this properly. If someone knows what I'm after and can advise/guide me I'd be very happy. My PC is very well spec'd so heavy duty config's don't bother me. Plz help me.
[Reply]
Phantom 21:41 15th March 2010
Hi and welcome. It's really sounds strange, as I never had such a problem with WinUAE. I just install it and play.
[Reply]
Zirkie 06:43 16th March 2010
This is what I mean. Please see pic. It's very pixelated or pc dos-like. I remeber my A500 to have had much 'smoother' graphics. I'm using 23 inch LCD if that makes a difference. Or is pixelation as good as it gets in Winuae?
Attached: Pixelated.png (45.0 KB)
[Reply]
Teho 07:22 16th March 2010
Did you use your Amiga on a TV back in the day? I think that is your problem, Amiga graphics looked much smoother on an old CRT TV that could barely display it. You'll have to live with that pixellated look on hi-res monitors I'm afraid. At least until someone start making graphics smoothing filters for WinUAE.
[Reply]
Buleste 07:30 16th March 2010
What screen mode do you have it on?
[Reply]
Zirkie 08:22 16th March 2010
Originally Posted by Teho:
Did you use your Amiga on a TV back in the day? I think that is your problem, Amiga graphics looked much smoother on an old CRT TV that could barely display it. You'll have to live with that pixellated look on hi-res monitors I'm afraid. At least until someone start making graphics smoothing filters for WinUAE.
It was a Phillips make. That's all I know.

Originally Posted by Buleste:
What screen mode do you have it on?
Default winuae config e.g. 800 x 600 full screen, windowed, etc. My PC uses full hd res in native mode.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up