Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: The first Amiga game you purchased?
Harrison 22:30 11th March 2010
Rather than the first Amiga game you played, which might have been bundled with your Amiga, or something a friend owned, what was the first commercial Amiga game you actually went out and purchased?

I can't think what mine is at the moment. I will have to look through my games and try to remember.
[Reply]
Phantom 22:37 11th March 2010
Purchased? That's a long story. All of them were pirated copies (yes, to find an original game for Amiga in Greece was a little bit impossible here).

But when I visited London in 1994, I bought my first Amiga games. Those were:

Arcade Pool
Seek & Destroy
James Pond 3

If gifts are counting in, then my first game was European Dreams; a compilation of 4 games.
[Reply]
Tiago 23:00 11th March 2010
The oldest i remember .... i only bought 3 or 4 back in the days... maybe tv sports basketball ...
[Reply]
Buleste 08:22 12th March 2010
First Amiga game I owned was Sleepwalker because it came with my brand new shiny Miggy.
[Reply]
Harrison 08:43 12th March 2010
Ah, but that was bundled. What about purchased separately?
[Reply]
Shoonay 09:26 12th March 2010
Amiga: Centurion & Pinball Dreams (copies )
PSX: Adidas Power Soccer (original)
PC: Settlers 3 PL (original)
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:22 12th March 2010
I only purchased one game for the Amiga, which was Kick Off: Player Manager. I had to go to Germany to buy the game, as in Luxembourg there were almost no computer shops at that time, and they also didn't have a lot of software. And that was during all the time I had an Amiga my only original game.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 11:28 12th March 2010
Think it was Cloud Kingdoms for me, on budget. Wasn't me who went and got it though, my dad did or someone like that - I was only five when I got my first Amiga.
[Reply]
Buleste 12:03 12th March 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Ah, but that was bundled. What about purchased separately?
I don't know. My Alzhiemers is too far gone . Probably Elite. I know my first pirated game was Overkill and I was amazed by the AGA graphics.
[Reply]
Phantom 12:06 12th March 2010
You had pirated games in UK? I thought UK was the source of original Amiga games back then.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up