Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: The first Amiga game you purchased?
Teho 13:08 12th March 2010
I hardly bought any games back in the day, due to not having any money of my own and due to my parents looking so much down on the gaming hobby I could just forget about asking for money for games. Or at least, I never had the nerve to. So when I finally did have money to buy some, I bought a bunch at once:

Bloodnet
Cannon Fodder
Heimdall 2
Lemmings 2 The Tribes
Power Drive
Rise of... Rise of The... I can't even say it.
Wolfchild

And for years these were the only originals I had, along with Duck Tales and Dragons Lair: Escape From Singe's Castle which both came bundled with the Amiga.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:56 12th March 2010
Originally Posted by Phantom:
You had pirated games in UK? I thought UK was the source of original Amiga games back then.
Whilst it's true that a lot of the games were written and produced in the UK, because people were used to copying tapes from the 8 bit days there was a lot of piracy about although not as much as there is now.
[Reply]
Phantom 17:18 12th March 2010
Imagine then my friend, why in Greece the pirated copies are at their peak. No proper software dealers, meant that was very rare to find an original Amiga game to buy those days, so you didn't have so many options left.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:32 13th March 2010
Pirated Amiga games were definitely everywhere in the UK, as much as anywhere. In fact, because the root source of most of the games was the UK, a lot of the cracking groups and their distributors were UK based too. With a lot of the distributors still being at school or college, they were the source of a lot of the games for the other kids they went to school with.

Most of my copied games came from one person/source back then and he provided me with 100's of games. We would regularly play snooker and pool most Fridays and he would bring along the latest releases he had been given that week and lend them to me to try and copy any I liked. It was great.

However, that didn't stop be buying original games. If a game was really good and I played it a lot then I still purchased a copy as I wanted the original disks, manual and box.
[Reply]
Phantom 11:03 13th March 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
However, that didn't stop be buying original games. If a game was really good and I played it a lot then I still purchased a copy as I wanted the original disks, manual and box.
We couldn't do that either.
[Reply]
StuKeith 07:25 14th March 2010
Not sure, I remeber buying worms from boots, possibley Rainbow Islands but that may have been spectrum. I used to buy all my games for the Amiga from boots in them days.

And maybe one or two from *Cough* *Escom*
[Reply]
Tiago 09:58 14th March 2010
Originally Posted by Teho:
Rise of... Rise of The... I can't even say it.

[Reply]
Harrison 11:32 16th March 2010
@Teho. Admit it. Rise of the Robots. Your favourite Amiga game! You should be proud of such a purchase!
[Reply]
Phantom 13:29 16th March 2010
@ Teho

Rise of the Dragon maybe?
[Reply]
Buleste 13:46 16th March 2010
Rise Of the Bile???? Rise of the Floaters????
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up