Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: The first Amiga game you purchased?
outlawal2 14:06 16th March 2010
I am from the US, and I remember when I was really into Amigas, I had a friend of mine that was a "runner". He bought a US Robotics Dual Standard 28000 Modem (O holy Crap it was the STUFF in those days.. Friggin laughable today.. lol) and he was working with some folks in the UK and bringing in several hundred games / programs a month... All cracked...

So with that in mind I would say that Fighter Duel may have been the first game I ever purchased for the Amiga..
[Reply]
Teho 16:46 16th March 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
@Teho. Admit it. Rise of the Robots. Your favourite Amiga game! You should be proud of such a purchase!
Riiight...

Would you believe it? I got a small load of Amiga originals off an auction a while back, and in it was another copy of Rise of the Robots. The same lousy ECS version I allready have. So I now have two complete copies of that damn game. Someone up there really hates me.
[Reply]
Buleste 17:53 16th March 2010
You must love ROTR is you have 2 ECS versions. 1 for playing and one for when you wear the other out.
[Reply]
Zirkie 22:08 16th March 2010
First one I played was Pang or Golden Axe. I think it was the latter. Great back then. Pang I still play frequently when I got time to kill. Only owned pirate copies of pirated copies. LOL.
[Reply]
Sharingan 22:29 19th April 2010
What's this Rise of the Robots I keep hearing about, and why does Teho have an original copy of it?

Iīm ashamed to admit I didnīt have many purchased Amiga games at all, mainly because I didnīt have much money at the time, and any pocket money I did get my grubby hands on went into purchasing empty floppy discs

I ultimately did have 2 or 3 originals, picked up from the bargain bin, so that doesnīt really count. They were crappy games anyway.
[Reply]
Phantom 23:27 19th April 2010
Please name them.
[Reply]
woody.cool 23:38 19th April 2010
iirc, the first game I bought was Qwak ..... f*****g brilliant game
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:17 20th April 2010
Originally Posted by Phantom:
Please name them.

Ah, better not. In fact, they were so obscure that I kind of forgot. One of them was definitely Zynaps, though, which actually wasn't that crap at all...
[Reply]
ArcadeGuru 20:23 20th April 2010
The first game I bought was Walker which was awesome but sooooo difficult. I do have to mention Batman the Movie, didn't buy it but got it with the Batman pack. I absolutly loved it and it has to be my best Amiga game ever
[Reply]
AndyLandy 20:30 20th April 2010
For me, I think the first Amiga game I ever bought myself, that wasn't either bundled, or a gift that came with the Amiga was probably Zool, which I bought at the Games Master Live event in Birmingham, some time in 1992. Cor! That brings back memories!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up