Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Amiga 1200 sound improvement
ArcadeGuru 17:11 7th March 2010
Been pretty peeved with the sound I was getting out from my RGB cable connected to my LCD TV. Sound was lacking clarity and also was getting major inteference. I decided to purchase some PC speakers with adapter cable. Wow what a difference. The sound is so much better and the inteference has gone. If you have the same issue it's well worth the £30 to do it
[Reply]
Bloodwych 19:36 7th March 2010
Yeah, sound through some TV's is bad.

I remember when I got my separate little stand alone amp, hooked it up to car stereo speakers then to the A500. It was like having a new computer!!!!!

Those were the days! Pumping out Megablast, Pinball Dreams and Shadow of the Beast!
[Reply]
Phantom 19:39 7th March 2010
I use a 2.1 (+subwoofer) system with my A1200. The difference is marvellous. Especially with the subwoofer...
[Reply]
ArcadeGuru 09:33 8th March 2010
I have to admit I always thought the music that went with Shadow of the Beast 2 was excellent. Just as well as it took me ages to complete the game
[Reply]
Harrison 19:34 8th March 2010
Originally Posted by Bloodwych:
I remember when I got my separate little stand alone amp, hooked it up to car stereo speakers then to the A500. It was like having a new computer!!!!!
I did that too. When I was still at school, before I could afford a decent Hi-Fi separates setup I purchased some of those rear parcel shelf pod car speakers and connected them up to an amplifier. They sounded great compared to anything I had before.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up