Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Looking for a .mod file called 'bright.mod'
swm3rd 03:41 24th February 2010
Hi,

There's a .mod file that I've been looking for since the 1990's. It's called "bright.mod". Here's a description of the file: Bright.mod lasts for nearly 4 minutes and the file size might be 67kb or 68kb. This was downloaded from the GEnie BBS in late 1992. I've spent so many years looking for this, and I still can't find it. I have an MP3 copy of this song that I still have on a tape at the time when it was downloaded. I'll include it with this message. Let me know when you get this message. Thanks.

Sam Miller
Attached: bright (mp3).zip (3.59 MB)
[Reply]
Puni/Void 08:09 24th February 2010
Hi there Sam,

Hope you'll be successful in your quest to find the module. Have you checked Modland and Amiga Music Preservation? You can find the the sites here:

Modland

Amiga Music Preservation

The links are to search results for bright.mod. Hope one of them is the tune you are looking for.

Originally Posted by swm3rd:
Hi,

There's a .mod file that I've been looking for since the 1990's. It's called "bright.mod". Here's a description of the file: Bright.mod lasts for nearly 4 minutes and the file size might be 67kb or 68kb. This was downloaded from the GEnie BBS in late 1992. I've spent so many years looking for this, and I still can't find it. I have an MP3 copy of this song that I still have on a tape at the time when it was downloaded. I'll include it with this message. Let me know when you get this message. Thanks.

Sam Miller

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:35 24th February 2010
You can find it at The Mod Archive here, or do a direct download here.

Don't know if it's the one you're looking for though, at least it's called like that
[Reply]
swm3rd 21:19 24th February 2010
I've been to all of those sites. I uploaded the mp3 for people to download and listen to, to identify what .mod file matches the mp3. I've talked to Stone Oakvalley about this, and is aware of me looking for this song. It might be a .mod or a.med file, so I doubt it would be one of the newer formats. This is what he told me from http://eab.abime.net:

Another approach I did was to check the tape sample (wav) that Sam sent me. I noticed probably 7 samples (typicall st-01 and st-02 samples, so a early module in probably a mod15 format too, Ultimate Soundtracker).

In our SOAMC= database we have stored the amount of samples:xx within each mod. file. The search function for that is not ready yet, so I did a offline filter.

But I think Sam might have tested the several hundred of files I found with 7 samples....so no go.

It does sound like a World of Wonders or 88-89 style tune.
[Reply]
swm3rd 17:09 25th February 2010
I've been to all of those websites and they don't seem to have it. I included the mp3 (it's it the zip file) for people to listen to and try to help identify what the real .mod file is.
[Reply]
Shoonay 17:34 25th February 2010
Is that exactly how it sounds, or your interpretation?
Because it doesn't sound very nice of a mod, something I did ~18 years ago trying PT for the first time.
Sorry, just my opinion...

Tried modules.pl?
[Reply]
Harrison 23:19 25th February 2010
Also have a look on Exotica as they might be able to help too.
[Reply]
swm3rd 16:25 26th February 2010
No interpretation, just taken from the tape. My cousin had this song on his computer and must've deleted it from his hard drive by the time he donated his Amiga to me. He used to his mod files on tape (he made 3 of them) for me because I didn't have access to this stuff on my IBM-PC. I gave Stone Oakvalley the sample and binary song data that was also taken from the tape. I'll check over at modules.pl, if they don't have it, I want to see if I can send them a copy.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:27 26th February 2010
That is also a big problem for me, I did 3-4 complete songs together with a friend, he was musician but had no Amiga (but Atari ST). But at some point I sold my Amiga and all my stuff, and unfortunately also my Soundtracker collection disks with everything. I would even pay up to 50€ to get these songs back, as they meant so much at that time, and were just great, in my ears
[Reply]
swm3rd 16:16 18th April 2011
Hey everyone,

It's been awhile. I haven't heard any progress with trying to find 'bright.mod'. I'll check over at Stone Oakvalley's forums to see if he or anyone else had luck finding it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up