Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: HD sizes increase and prices fall again
v85rawdeal 03:40 25th February 2007
And I still remember when my original amiga's harddrive was somewhere in the region of £300 for 40mb (yes... I DID say megabytes)

Don't times change!!! I must be getting old!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:13 25th February 2007
I am still yet to fill my A500+'s 50MB HD. It might get close to full over the next few weeks, but even then there'll probably still be a few MB left.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 12:44 25th February 2007
You could all try just deleting the crap off your hds.
If your anything like me, you will have duplicates and triplicates off stuff in diff partions.
Also have stuff that you have installed and used once.
Spent hours cleaning mine up this morning.
Still full off crap.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:08 25th February 2007
Yea, I know thats how it is....must clean out mine too.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:14 26th February 2007
Originally Posted by TiredOfLife:
You could all try just deleting the crap off your hds.
If your anything like me, you will have duplicates and triplicates off stuff in diff partions.
Also have stuff that you have installed and used once.
Spent hours cleaning mine up this morning.
Still full off crap.
Nope, I can definitely say that everything my HDs are filled with is unique and needed. I uninstall applications and games if I'm not using them and those are always installed in their own partition or HD anyway so don't impact on the space on my other drives.

The problem I have with running out of HD space is much the same for DC. The downloading of large complete TOSEC collections!

The last I finished downloading was a Sega Saturn one that took up around 170GB, plus I still have the Euro set to download which is another 34GB, taking the total collection over 200GB. Plus a new TOSEC Saturn set is out which is 94GB, but I'm not sure if that has anything in it that I'm missing from the existing sets I have. As you can see, such collections quickly use up all available HD space!
[Reply]
Harrison 14:20 26th February 2007
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I am still yet to fill my A500+'s 50MB HD. It might get close to full over the next few weeks, but even then there'll probably still be a few MB left.
What do you have on the drive Steve? On my Amigas I wouldn't have been able to cope with just a 50MB drive. Although I did tend to install pretty much all applications and games I could find on the HD at once. But even on a 1.3GB HD I only just managed to fill it up after installing ever HD compatible commercial and PD game I could find, as well as every Application I could get my hands on, and I still had around 100MB free.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 15:01 26th February 2007
I think it just has Workbench 2.04, DPaintIII and PenPal, but I'm sure there will be much more on there in the future.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:58 26th February 2007
Originally Posted by :
The downloading of large complete TOSEC collections!
So tru, so true
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 20:55 27th February 2007
There is Amiga games that would take up the whole 50 meg these days.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:24 27th February 2007
My whole amiga collection takes 280GB of space.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up