Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Stage Two: Top 100 Voting
Harrison 13:33 17th May 2011
Yep, that's right. 1030 people took part in the survey, and because I made everyone register before they could vote it meant I could verify they were all unique. It also meant those trying to mess up the survey could not as the email verification put a stop to the bogus registrations, of which they were many. The voters come from a large range of locations and sites, including German, Polish and UK based Amiga communities, as I advertised the survey on a lot of different forums last year, with a lot of positive feedback and interest.

If you remember, the survey also collected some personal information from those taking part, including the communities they came from, their age, location and the Amiga's they had owned. I will also be putting this information together and publishing it as I think it is a great snapshot of the Amiga community they still exists today, and really shows it isn't dead.
[Reply]
poundrick 09:10 8th August 2011
Where is the finished list please?
[Reply]
Harrison 15:45 8th August 2011
Due to time I've not been able to publish it. Hopefully very soon. I don't just want to post the list, but instead make it a nice top 100 with people able to view images and leave comments, which is what has delayed it.
[Reply]
poundrick 17:39 8th August 2011
I imagine it's quite a task to put it present it the way you want, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it's completion.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 07:10 10th August 2011
Good luck, Harrison! Looking forward to see the list!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:28 10th August 2011
Can we somehow help you out?
[Reply]
Harrison 22:18 10th August 2011
Well, I will need to create some screenshots for some of them as we are missing them from the main site. Would also work to add screenshots missing on the site at the same time.

If you can help with this I can work out a list of games we need screenshots for so you can help with them. That is really the bit slowing this down. Mainly I will only need title screen and a couple of in game shots for each. I also wanted to write something about each game. Just one paragraph. Maybe I should post the final list in the staff area, then everyone could help work on the content we need for the final top 100. Basically a paragraph about each entry, plus some screenshots. Once we have all that content then making and publishing the completed list would be easy for me to do in a few hours.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 07:15 11th August 2011
Sounds like a good plan. Having the list available for reading in the staff area would make it easier to help out.

Originally Posted by Harrison:
Well, I will need to create some screenshots for some of them as we are missing them from the main site. Would also work to add screenshots missing on the site at the same time.

If you can help with this I can work out a list of games we need screenshots for so you can help with them. That is really the bit slowing this down. Mainly I will only need title screen and a couple of in game shots for each. I also wanted to write something about each game. Just one paragraph. Maybe I should post the final list in the staff area, then everyone could help work on the content we need for the final top 100. Basically a paragraph about each entry, plus some screenshots. Once we have all that content then making and publishing the completed list would be easy for me to do in a few hours.

[Reply]
Harrison 14:33 12th August 2011
I will sort it out later tonight and post it up. Then as and when someone can work on the content for a specific entry the list can be marked off so everyone knows what is left to do.

If we could get this all done next week then I could launch the final top 100 the following week at the end of August, which would be brilliant.
[Reply]
Phantom 15:14 29th August 2011
Waiting for the final results.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up