Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Nice Amiga horde obtained!
Harrison 16:24 15th February 2010
At the weekend I was getting something out of my car and noticed the next door neighbours were loading their car up with loads of boxes of stuff. I started chatting to them, and asked if they were going down to the dump/rubbish tip, and they said they had loads of old computer stuff they didn't want that a friend had given to them, but they didn't know much about computers. And on the end of his comment he added "all old Amiga stuff".

As you can imagine I was suddenly awake and very interested, instantly saying they shouldn't just throw it away as I would be interested in any Amiga stuff as I collected it. He was very happy to pass the lot over to me.

I've only had a quick look through it all but there are 8 floppy disk boxes full of original and copies disks, so over 800 floppy disks there is look through. Some I've already looked at are labelled with demo productions, so there might just be something rare or not easy to find on ADF.

And for the hardware there is an A500 Plus and 2 A1200s!

The A500 Plus is in its original good condition box with everything included, even manuals, and all carefully wrapped up in their original plastic protection. The case is slightly yellow, but other than that perfect condition.

One of the A1200's is in very good physical condition with only slight yellowing to the case. The other has quite a badly damaged case with the whole left side cracked and broken. It looks like it has been dropped. I've plugged both the A1200s in and they both work perfectly. Sadly both KS3.0 (was hoping for 3.1) and neither appears to have an HDD, but that isn't important as I have some spare 2.5" drives.

I opened up the trap doors. One was empty, but the other has an AmiTek 8MB fast ram expansion, plus FPU fitted, so that is a nice useful card to have fitted to a spare Amiga and will work perfectly for WHD.

The A1200 with the cracked case will be ideal to go inside the empty A1200 Tower case I was recently sent for free from an Amibay friend, so I can finally do an A1200 tower conversion! So that is good.

I will test the A500 Plus when I get time.

So all in all a good free Amiga find. Shows you can still find some great Amiga bargains today if you keep your eyes open.
[Reply]
Tiago 17:12 15th February 2010

it never happen a think like that for me

you.....

Originally Posted by :
an A500 Plus and 2 A1200s
Originally Posted by :
AmiTek 8MB fast ram expansion, plus FPU fitted
OMG

no blizzard in that pack. ...??!?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 19:11 15th February 2010
Well done

I wish I found nice stuff like that easily.
[Reply]
Buleste 20:10 15th February 2010

[Reply]
outlawal2 20:15 15th February 2010
Originally Posted by Buleste:
+1...
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:23 16th February 2010
Nice man, the only thing I would expect from my neighbors, is that they would ask me to actually FIX their computer
[Reply]
burns flipper 14:47 16th February 2010
WOW!! Nice find!! You did really well there, all that stuff plus an expanded A1200! You must be really pleased
[Reply]
Harrison 15:05 16th February 2010
Definitely. Just a shame one of them didn't have KS3.1 roms, which I was really hoping for.
[Reply]
1980-20.. 14:45 5th March 2010
I was in the loft the other day and found 12 previously undiscovered books from the bible. Wich was nice.

[Reply]
Bloodwych 18:23 5th March 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Definitely. Just a shame one of them didn't have KS3.1 roms, which I was really hoping for.
Don't rub it in. You got a good deal. And you know it!!!!!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up