Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Just bought an arcade machine!
rayzorblue 16:03 25th January 2010
I just bought Racin' Force for £8.50 on eBay, broken coin mechanism but apart from that it works (so the guy says). I am picking it up tomorrow. It was so cheap I almost feel bad for buying it. Can't wait to get it home and set it up
[Reply]
Harrison 16:25 25th January 2010
How much? That is a great price. That's quite a late 1994 Konami Jamma cabinet too, which you should be able to swap Jamma PCBs over in to play different original arcade games, and also convert the Jamma control wiring harness/loom to work with a PC and MAME if you wished. Which would be great as the cabinet will have a proper arcade monitor, which is expensive if purchased new.

Hope you have the space in your house. Arcade cabinets are normally quite large and bloody heavy.

Will you take some pictures for us once you have it? I would love to see it.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:55 25th January 2010
Great man That was very cheap indeed, and as Harrison mentioned, you should be able to swap PCBs. But how's the condition of the cabinet itself, I mean the screen, and also the wood?
[Reply]
rayzorblue 22:38 25th January 2010
Dont know what the condition is like to be honest, will definately post some pictures when i get it, it looked okay on eBay. And it was only £8.50.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 18:51 27th January 2010

There it is in all it's glory.
Now the story is game and all controls work fine, the light in the top is out, the coin mechanism doesn't work (although its not plugged in?) it sounds like one of the speakers might be out or just quiet im not sure and I haven't got a key for the rear panel, I have keys for the coin mech and money box though but they don't seem to fit the rear panel but I am sure I can break into it. The gap between the outer glass and the screen needs cleaned but I am not sure how to get into that yet. A good buy for £8.50 I think its good fun and even my daughter and the missus have played it more than me.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:23 27th January 2010
Still looks very good imo. How is the game, I think I never played that one, should give it a try in MAME.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 21:00 27th January 2010
Its actually not emulated properly in MAME yet, I went to try it before I bought it but the one board they used was broken or something. Well I got a working one if they want to come round and copy it lol.
[Reply]
J T 14:49 28th January 2010
It looks like Henry is scared and initimidated by this new, giant, arrival and is cowering hiding his face away in FEAR.

Also for 8.50 that's pretty sweet, even if you just gut it and put a MAME PC in there and give the can a lick of paint it'd still be cheaper than buying and making a cab yourself. Have they got any other machines they are flogging off cheap like?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:26 28th January 2010
Originally Posted by J T:
Also for 8.50 that's pretty sweet, even if you just gut it and put a MAME PC in there and give the can a lick of paint it'd still be cheaper than buying and making a cab yourself.
Only problem could be the steering wheel, you would have to remove that also.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 23:00 28th January 2010
I am happy with it the way it is for now, if I get bored of the game I might consider putting a MAME pc in it in the future.
Today I cleaned it out with my Dad and he brought round a bulb for the marquee.
Here are some before and after shots.

Now it just needs painting really.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up