Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Maddest PC case yet!
Harrison 23:32 20th January 2010

What do you think of this?

Its the latest case from Thermaltake, called the Level 10, and it is a Design collaboration between Thermaltake and BMW Group Designworks USA.

It utilises a new Open Compartment Architecture, which means that each component is held in its own small case compartment and can be accessed individually, so no more need to open one large case.

Does it look good? I'm personally not so sure about that, although it could be said to look quite cool and futuristic with the large glowing lights when running. Although personally I much rather see blue LED lighting than red. What is it with the latest cases having red lighting?

Is it affordable? Hell no! RRP is £550, and lowest in stores is around £450. And that doesn't include a PSU.

Check out this case at http://www.thermaltake.com/product_o...CID=C_00001541

So what do you think?
[Reply]
outlawal2 01:31 21st January 2010
Interesting and futuristic looking case.. I could get used to it, but the real question is how is cable management and working IN the case? If it works well and is easy to access I would give it a yes...

But only if they drop the price... (And I am right there with you, Blue LED's are my favorite.. Not much on red either..
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 02:29 21st January 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Although personally I much rather see blue LED lighting than red. What is it with the latest cases having red lighting?
Because they have finally decided that some of us can't stand looking at blue LEDs?

The ideal solution to colour would be to provide a choice of colours.

That is certainly one strange case.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:04 21st January 2010
I saw that some time ago, and I think it's horrible. The idea is really good, and I also think that it's very nice to use with the components, but it just looks horrible and is way too expensive.
[Reply]
J T 09:54 21st January 2010
Do I like it?
Yes, I think it's quite funky. A neat idea having everything compartmentalised like that. I wonder about air flow and cooling though.

Would I buy it? Hell, no. Too expensive, and wouldn't look right in my home. Maybe in some trendy modern apartment or a cool office. Or a sci fi set.

I do like to see new, slightly out-there ideas though. Credit for that.
[Reply]
Submeg 03:16 20th February 2010
looks interesting and if as said before, the cable management was good, then it could be practical
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up