Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Which version of Workbench have you used the most?
Which version of Workbench have you used the most?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: Which Workbench versions have you used the most?
    J T 09:01 22nd February 2007
    I think that I've only ever used the mighty (and classic) 1.3 on my A500. A friend had an A600 but I don't remember ever using workbench on it all that much.

COme to think of it, I never really used workbench all that much, really.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 10:08 22nd February 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    COme to think of it, I never really used workbench all that much, really.
    Me neither, at the age when I got my amiga in 1987, I had 16 years, and I had better things to do than fiddle around with the workbench.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 12:02 22nd February 2007
    I used Workbench a lot at the time for college work, as well as many other things. And even for University work, writing my essays on it using Wordsworth and Pagestream and creating animations and artwork.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 13:23 22nd February 2007
    I used the Basic program at one time, when I had Basic at school for a year. After all I ended up having no more free memory, because for Basic, the amount of memory you have is very limited (as was on the C64). I can't remember how much that is though, it's a very long time ago.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 14:55 22nd February 2007
    I remember struggling for memory coding in basic on many early platforms. On the Amstrad CPC464 I tried to code my own graphics program, a bit like a primitive version of Windows Paint. I got so far with it and could move a cursor around the screen with the cursor keys, and draw lines and filled boxes, but when I tried to add any more features I ran out of ram. And if I added more than a few lines and shapes to the screen I also got an out of ram error.

There was also this text adventure creator I had on the CPC. I tried drawing some images using the built in image editor but kept running out of ram half way through the image. Very frustrating and due to this I gave up and never did build a full adventure with it!

We are very lucky to now have lots of nice ram to do great things with. And many people just don't realise how lucky they are. often moaning about a computer being slow or not having enough ram, and they don't realise how far computers have come in such a short time.
    [Reply]
    rayzorblue 16:08 24th February 2007
    I had an A500 back in the day so 1.3 for me. I still got the A500 in fact but dunno if it works haven't tried it in years haven't tried the C64 in years either.
    [Reply]
    StuKeith 14:54 25th November 2007
    I had 3.0 A1200 for years! it was only around 18months ago I upgraded to 3.1 and then in the last year 3.5.

Now I own an accelerator I can use os 3.9 okish!
    [Reply]
    JLPedro 17:42 25th November 2007
    3.0 here, as i only owned a A600 for som months with wb 2.04, then buyed a A1200 with os 3.0 and thats the one i used the most.
    [Reply]
    Buleste 20:28 25th November 2007
    Started off with 3.0 managed to get a copy of 3.1 then i upgraded to 3.5 when it came out and i'm now on 3.9. Would love to be able to get MorphOS working on my 1200 but haven't been able to yet.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 10:41 26th November 2007
    Can you run MorphOS on an A1200? I thought it would only run on something like the Pegasos II?

BTW, does anyone know if OS4 could be made to run on a Pegasos board?
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up