Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Will you be upgrading to Vista?
Will you be upgrading to Vista?
  • View Poll Results

2 3 4 5 6
    Thread: Will you upgrade to Vista?
    Stephen Coates 20:44 12th July 2008
    Originally Posted by Teho:
    Well, yeah. But I was sure you could do that from the BIOS as well? Guess I remembered it wrong then, I haven't had more than on OS on a system in years. Sorry for any confusion then.
    It would depend on the boot loader. If it is the windows one, then that can only be done from windows. If it was a boot loader provided by the BIOS then it would make sense for the to put the settings in the BIOS.
    [Reply]
    J T 23:59 12th July 2008
    Yes, it's the windows loader. I had a poke about in the BIOS and couldn't find any relevant options but thanks anyway Teho.

I'll have a look at what Stephen suggested - ta for that.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 14:09 14th July 2008
    Yep, Steve is right. It's in the control panel he mentions. You can set up the boot menu to link to other OSs if needed and change the length of time to delay before booting.

An easier way to get to it is to right click "My Computer" and select Properties. Then go to the Advanced Tab, and select Settings under the Startup and Recovery section. You can then change the time delay for the boot menu.
    [Reply]
    khaxzan 20:01 10th August 2008
    I plan on keeping to XP unless I absolutely HAVE TO upgrade!
    [Reply]
    woody.cool 20:16 10th August 2008
    Recently, I bought a new laptop to replace my old one and it came with Vista Home Premium.

Personally, I detest Vista, but it's handy to have it, as I could do with learning stuff about Vista as I work for a software company and our customers are starting to get Vista PCs.

My main PC though, is Windows XP, and I intend to stick with XP for as long as I can get away with it (so I'll probably be the last person on earth to have XP in the year 2070)
    [Reply]
    Quagmire 20:25 10th August 2008
    If it's not an Amiga, it has to be an Apple, so it's OSX all the way or Linux if I ever get around to it
    [Reply]
    Harrison 14:39 11th August 2008
    You will never see me owning and using an Apple! Never! Ever! Mac OS is the devil!
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    2 3 4 5 6
    Up