Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: I might build a new PC
Stephen Coates 19:09 11th April 2012
I was thinking more of a reader, but I will see how much writers are in comparison.

I do tend to prefer having two drives.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 04:13 12th April 2012
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I've got an Sony Optiarc Blu-Ray RW too and that is great.
I have that one too, and I'm also quite happy with it. Although I'm not burning that many BDs.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:24 12th April 2012
What make BD-R's have you used so far? I've been trying to source some at a good price, but there are not many around and they are either overpriced or unbranded. Verbatim is the obvious brand I'm using to date. Also what speed discs have you tried?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 03:53 13th April 2012
I have to look when I'm home, I know that I bought Verbatim, Sony and perhaps some Mediarange. All of them worked fine so far, and I always burnt at maximum speed, which is 2.4 for my discs.

I tried 25GB and 50GB, but so far I didn't test BD-RW yet, although I bought a box.

I think it was a bit a waste of money, the whole BD-RW thing with the discs, as it was "quite" expensive, because only just a bit later I bought my Qnap 659 Pro II NAS with 12TB, which at the moment holds everything I need, although I "only" have 1.5TB left
[Reply]
Harrison 10:35 13th April 2012
That explains why you are waiting for 3TB drives to fall in price, or maybe 4TB. Does the Qnap support 4TB drives? I've been considering getting a Qnap lately so I can rip all my DVDs to HDD to then store all my DVDs away to save room.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:10 16th April 2012
Good question, at least it supports 6Gb/s (SATA III) disks. But why shouldn't it support 4TB disks, at their site they only mention a total of 18TB, but it says "based on 3TB drives". And if it wouldn't support 4TB straight away, I guess they could fix it within the firmware, which gets updated from time to time.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:39 16th April 2012
HDD size support is to do with the SATA controllers. Only some current PC motherboards for example can handle 3TB drives. I hope it does as that would be great.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up