Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Tv change CRT out LCD in, question
Tiago 16:16 22nd November 2009
Hi everyone,

i am going to change my TV-CRT to a new LCD.

Some advice please:

must be/have:

- Full HD
- 32"
- input 2 x Scart 21 pin (euroconecter)
- input 2 x hdmi
- VGA input

don't care about sound i use external amplifier/speakers

what can i buy around (500/600) euros

so far i found this one nice:
http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/te...5D.app101-drp3

Do you have a big difference between 50Mhz and 100Mhz? in CRT you can see it, and in TFT?

Can anyone point me others TFTs in 500/600 euros range?
Thanks
[Reply]
Harrison 13:17 23rd November 2009
I highly recommend Samsung HDTVs. We have one as our main TV and it has a great picture. We recently upgraded to SkyHD and the picture quality is really good. And while you said you are not bothered about audio, this TV also has great sound. The menu system is also very nice with loads of advanced features.

Standard definition also looks very nice on Samsung TVs. On other makes I've always been disappointed with normal resolution images as they appear quite pixelated and poor quality.

For the money you have to spend you could actually afford a larger 40" Samsung LCD. The series 6 higher up series ranges by Samsung are worth looking at.

The other make worth getting is Panasonic, but they cost more and I think the picture quality of Samsung is equal, and sometimes better.

Philips image quality is also pretty good. We have a small Philips LCD in the bedroom which does have good picture and sound, but I don't think they are as good as Samsung or Panasonic.
[Reply]
Tiago 13:31 23rd November 2009
About about connecting the Miggy? Do they need anything special, or any TFT will display the miggy?
[Reply]
Harrison 13:33 23rd November 2009
Most have VGA or DVI inputs for higher resolution modes, and also have the more standard RGB SCART, S-Video and RT aerial sockets. So you can connect an Amiga easily.

I connect mine using an RGB scart cable.
[Reply]
Tiago 17:03 23rd November 2009
Yes, in my CRT i use scart cable too.
What about WB in vga modes?
[Reply]
Harrison 17:27 23rd November 2009
Most have a DVI port, which you can plug a VGA cable into with an adaptor. I've not tried an Amiga on the TV in VGA mode but it should work. I connect the PC up quite often.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:42 24th November 2009
Samsung is really good when it comes to LCDs. I just bought (didn't get it yet), a new Panasonic plasma, 12th generation of plasma panels. They have the absolute top model, the Z1, which still costs 6000€, but that's just crazyness. So I bought their top model they have, the one from the V10 series, the TX-P50V10E, 50 inches madness!!!! It's still is the most expensive (besides the Z1) Panasonic model, which is around 2000€.

Reviews say that it's the best quality plasma you can get at the moment.

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Pana...10-Review.html
[Reply]
Harrison 14:11 24th November 2009
Is your new plasma full 1080p HD DC? I've noticed a lot of Plasma's are still stuck at 720p resolution.
[Reply]
J T 14:34 24th November 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Is your new plasma full 1080p HD DC? I've noticed a lot of Plasma's are still stuck at 720p resolution.
Not to butt in, but yes that the V10s are full 1080p. My father in law just got the 42"V10 and it's a ****ing ace telly, it's pretty much the same spec-wise as the nifty Z1 but less of a 'lifestyle' product (ie without the expensive wireless transmission, super thin-ness and a marginally less fancy bezel).

I want one too... I might find out about getting one as we may be moving into a house soon, we need a surround sound system too so it could be time to upgrade.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:14 24th November 2009
I'm currently liking the new Samsung LED TVs. Have any of you seen them? They are amazingly thin!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up