Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: It's a Knockout 2009/10
Graham Humphrey 20:56 15th November 2009
Hope you all don't mind me posting this here, plugging a compo at other forums but this is a bit different to your average score competition and we want it to get as much publicity as we can

It's a Knockout!

It's a Knockout! is a classic Amiga knockout tournament run by the forum members of Lemon Amiga and English Amiga Board. Returning after its popular debut last year as a sister competition to the year long Lemon vs EAB Super League. Five games will be played over six weeks. See how far you can get.

Voting for the comp Starts November 15th and will remain open for two weeks. Once voting is closed competition will begin!! Voting: Lemon - EAB

The first round of competition will be a qualifying round. The following rounds will be run in a round-robin format until only 2 competitors remain! The final two will battle it out to be the "It's a Knockout! 2009/10" Champion.

More rules and general overview

Voting will be limited to games played during the 2009 Lemon vs EAB super comp.

Which are...
  1. Super Cars II
  2. Warzone
  3. Wizkid
  4. Slam Tilt
  5. All Terrain Racing
  6. Mean Arenas
  7. Rainbow Islands
  8. Parasol Stars
  9. Megaball 4
  10. Roadkill
  11. Rodland
  12. Deluxe Galaga
  13. Super Obliteration
  14. Arcade Pool
  15. Superfrog

How do I take part?
Easy. Firstly get yourself either a real Amiga or an emulator like WinUAE or E-UAE. The current round thread will tell you which game to play, give links to where it's available, link to manuals (if they are online), and tell you any extra rules for that game. To enter take a screenshot of your highscore (or a photo of your tv/monitor screen if you're using a real Amiga) and post it in the game thread. You can use free image hosting sites like Imageshack or Photobucket to post your scores.

All competitors must be a member at either Lemon or EAB, so if you're not already, it's time to join!
[Reply]
Puni/Void 13:18 17th November 2009
Sounds grand, Mr. Humphrey! Might take part in this competition. Seems like a lot of fun! Think I've got an account at Lemon, so might join through there.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 12:33 22nd November 2009
Glad to hear it - hopefully we'll see you about! It's a bit different to your typical score competition so hopefully we will attract a lot of players.

Just a quick note to say that the voting still runs until midnight next Saturday and it's open for anybody to vote. And the actual competition starts on Sunday, December 6 - after the EAB/Lemon Super League season has ended.

When the voting period is over I will post the competition's schedule over here.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 10:32 24th November 2009
I've now submitted my votes for the competition at Lemon. Here's hoping for SlamTilt!

Anyone else going to take part in the competition? You know you want to. Let's defend the honour of Classicamiga.com.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 10:39 24th November 2009
Great! Thanks for taking part

The more the merrier, too...
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 12:53 29th November 2009
Now the voting has finished I can confirm the competition's schedule...

December 6 - 19: Qualifying Round - Slam Tilt (Ace of Space table)
December 20 - 26: Round 1 - Superfrog
December 27 - January 2: Quarter-Finals - All Terrain Racing
January 3 - 9: Semi-Finals: Rodland
January 10 - 16: Third place play-off and Final: Super Cars II (Medium difficulty)

Remember that for anybody who wants to take part, you have to enter the qualifying round to have a chance at playing the other games.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 11:08 6th December 2009
This is the last time, I promise

Just a quick prod to remind everybody that we're underway!

Slam Tilt (Ace of Space) - EAB thread - Lemon thread

Remember that this round is two weeks long and if you don't enter this one you can't take part later on. You have to be in it to win it!

This round will be followed by Superfrog which runs for a week starting on December 20. Sixteen competitors who make it through from Slam Tilt will be drawn into four groups and it's seeded so the higher you finish in the qualifying, the better your draw will be (in theory of course).

May the best man/woman/alien win...
[Reply]
Puni/Void 20:53 6th December 2009
Good luck to everyone participating! Any others from CA going to take part?
[Reply]
Harrison 00:10 8th December 2009
I'm going to take part if I have the time.

We really should get our own CA games comps restarted again soon.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 10:05 8th December 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
I'm going to take part if I have the time.

We really should get our own CA games comps restarted again soon.
Yeah! If you want, I can set up a competition for us, with screenshots and everything. Give me a sign, and I'll get to it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up