Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Should I buy Windows 7 now?
Should I buy Windows 7 now?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3
    Thread: Windows 7 pricing?
    Demon Cleaner 16:04 15th January 2010
    I downloaded a Windows 7 Ultimate version with an activation code. Installed it yesterday, and it works like a charm. Didn't have to enter any serial, it updated itself via internet. I even could do Windows updates to it, it still stays active, and even shows the Windows genuine copy logo
    [Reply]
    Shoonay 16:52 15th January 2010
    Yeah, Vista/7 Ultimate has a great non-existing/easy to hack protection, lol
    ... not that XP had one more difficult - it requires you to type just one line in the HOSTS file, it's just that not many users (me included) knew how to do it a few years back.
    [Reply]
    Phantom 16:02 4th March 2010
    Put AROS instead (Icaros Desktop).
    [Reply]
    Harrison 16:11 4th March 2010
    AROS is definitely getting much further through its development and being a much more mature OS. And now it has a very good browser included too. I'm still planning to build a dedicated PC for it.
    [Reply]
    Phantom 16:17 4th March 2010
    To tell you the truth Dave, I'm planning to buy an Acer Aspire One laptop just for AROS itself. It would be a great experience.

We have Internet access (new drivers for new laptops), HD Audio, and now I'm waiting the bounty for the WiFi Internet Access. That would be the perfect news, if it'd finished sometime in the near future.

So, with having all the aforementioned elements in AROS for new laptops, the only thing I can think of is a little program to show you your battery status.
    [Reply]
    StuKeith 19:27 4th March 2010
    Oh the joys of Technet! I can get 10keys for all versions of windows. Only issue is they are registered to me
    [Reply]
    paulpeter 05:27 10th March 2010
    Hello,
    Myself Paul i think this is the right time to buy because i think that this OS going to be more popular in future because it contains many cool feathers and also great graphic work on it so i think you should buy it if you are still got confuse you may go to the site of trial pack and install it then you will get your answer...
    [Reply]
    Buleste 22:05 13th March 2010
    I've got a Wondows7 Ultimate copy with activation code and I'm having a bitch of a time getting it to upgrade from XP whilst still being able to use the settings. I'm glad I haven't spent any money on it.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 11:30 16th March 2010
    Never upgrade. Always backup what you want to save and then do a clean fresh install. Upgrading the OS to a newer one is never recommended.

I tend to setup a new OS on a new HDD, then I still have access to the older OS install on the separate HDD to copy over what I wish to restore to the newly installed OS after. I'm not talking a dual boot setup. But the older OS's file structure accessible from the older HDD.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 14:11 23rd March 2010
    I also did a full fresh install, and it worked just fine. I also never would do upgrades, as it will never work out 100%.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3
    Up