Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Jenson Button - F1 World Champion 2009
Harrison 13:51 22nd October 2009
Did any of you watch the great Formula One race in Brazil last weekend?

Jenson Button drove a brilliant race, fighting his way through the field, going from 14th on the grid after a really horrible rain drenched qualifying to finish in 5th place and claim the 2009 World Championship for both himself and the constructors championship for Brawn GP.

For me it was one of, of not the best race of 2009, and Button drove brilliantly to clench the World Championship.

And when they interviewed Ross Brawn you could see how much this meant to him and his team. I'm so proud of what they have been able to achieve this year.

Congratulationsto both Brawn GP as the new constructors champions, and to Jenson Button as the new Formula One world champion.

I did feel a little sorry for Mark Webber and Lewis Hamilton. No one really paid much attention to Mark's great drive to win the actual race, because all eyes were on Jenson.

And Rubens bad luck continued with first the bad traffic he filtered back into after his pit stop, and then the puncture dropping him back to finish 8th. It was his home grand prix and I don't think it is very lucky for him. He looked in such a good position before the race too. He did seem genuinely happy for Button though, and regardless of what the press reported over the year they do look like good friends when you see them talking and together. And without Rubens Brawn wouldn't have the constructors championship so he deserved to be proud.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up