Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Indivision ecs now shipping (amigakit.com)
amigakit.com 13:38 16th October 2009
Indivision ECS is now in stock and available for shipping!

We are pleased to announce availability of the new Indivision ECS. This advanced internal scandoubler / flicker fixer is a great way of hooking up a modern VGA monitor / LCD display to your Amiga.

It is compatible with most ECS Amigas including Amiga 500, A2000 and A3000. Available from the amigakit webstores:

USA Store:
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=918

UK Store:

European Store:

Canadian Store:
[Reply]
Harrison 17:08 16th October 2009
That is great news. And cheaper than the AGA version as just £85.99, making it a very tempting piece of hardware for all ECS Amiga fans. I know I would like to add one to my A600.
[Reply]
outlawal2 19:36 16th October 2009
I saw an original flicker fixer on EBAY for $125 last week... So when I saw that they have released a brand new one for $121...

ORDERED!

On it's way... (Also picked up some floppies and a floppy disk cleaner... No idea if the floppy in my machine even still works!)

Here's hoping...
[Reply]
Puni/Void 10:00 17th October 2009
Originally Posted by outlawal2:
I saw an original flicker fixer on EBAY for $125 last week... So when I saw that they have released a brand new one for $121...

ORDERED!

On it's way... (Also picked up some floppies and a floppy disk cleaner... No idea if the floppy in my machine even still works!)

Here's hoping...
Congratulations on your purchase! I'm sure you'll be happy with the Indivision ECS. I've got the Indivision AGA for my Amiga 1200 and it works great. It's great to have the Amiga 1200 connected to an LCD-screen. Very good picture quality.

As for that cleaner, I might just buy one myself. My drive hasn't been cleaned for years! (If ever)
[Reply]
outlawal2 14:08 6th November 2009
Ok, my package arrived from the UK... (Friggin slow boat from China)
Anyway, I rip open the spanking new flicker fixer and start reading... "In some rare instances an electrolytic capacitor will be mounted in the way and will require it to be moved"...

Hmmmmm. "Rare instances" Yeah anytime I am involved! Of course my motherboard revision requires the capacitor move so I break out the soldering iron and go to work. Moving this part requires the complete disassembly and removal of the mainboard and this takes a few minutes to complete.. Then I heat up the connections, desolder the joints, and gently remove the capacitor. So far so good. Following the instructions I cut 2 x1.5" wires and carefully solder them to the capacitor and then solder the wires to the mainboard. CAREFULLY I remove the lovely Denise and plug in the scandoubler card. Then I plug Denise into the card. Connect the ground wire as instructed and then spend 15 minutes putting the whole machine back together.

Fire it up and....

CRAP and garbage for video... <sigh> (My soldering skills SUCK)

Sooo, I tear it back down and desolder everything and try again, this time not using separate wires, but I cut the steel legs off of an LED and solder them to the board..

This time... SUCCESS! Woo HOO!
Now my dinosaur 2000HD sports a magnificent picture on my 19" flat screen monitor... 16 colors and laced Hi-Res... Very nice indeed!

Upon further fiddling I realize that my floppy drive is bad.. (or is GOING bad) either way unreliable so I can't get it to copy ADF's... <sigh> Looks like another purchase will be required...

O well what do you expect from a 20 year old machine? Having fun and that is all that matters..

[Reply]
Buleste 14:35 6th November 2009
Glad the indivision's working for you.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:33 10th November 2009
That is great to hear your experience with the Indivision device ended up being good and worked well.

Half the fun of running old retro computers is the need to take them apart and fix them. At least, I quite enjoy it.
[Reply]
outlawal2 15:02 10th November 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
That is great to hear your experience with the Indivision device ended up being good and worked well.

Half the fun of running old retro computers is the need to take them apart and fix them. At least, I quite enjoy it.
Yeah now I am going a bit crazy... I ebayed a Commodore 68020 board with 2 megs Ram onboard, a SCSI to IDE to CF card adapter and a Rom Switcher with 3.1 disks included... Looks like my Floppy drive is toast so that is next on the list.. Oh and I will be connecting a Syquest 135 drive to it as well...

Shouldn't be long and I will be running one CF card with workbench 3.1, and a separate CF card with Amiga OS 3.5 on it. Then I can switch ROMs back and forth as needed from 1.3 to 3.1 as well as run OS 3.5 or 3.1... Still looking for a Deneb USB card so I can use USB WIFI as well as keyboards and mice...

This damn computer is cutting into my Motocross fund now!... THAT is not good.. lol..
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up