Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: C64 storage
Buleste 09:02 19th September 2009
In a moment of shopping madness I bought a MMC replay. I got it yesterday and have been trying it. So far I have to say I'm saving up for a 1541U.
You can't play games that are on multiple disks and multiload games don't always work. On top of that as far as I can tell the Action Replay software side of things is completely separate from the MMC side so that if you load a game via MMC you cannot then use the Replay software to poke it and if you use the Replay you cannot load anything from the MMC. All in all a very limited use product that is highly flawed.
[Reply]
Buleste 16:21 19th September 2009
Scratch that I'm not going to get a 1541U as they have a similar problem. I'm going to get myself a 1541 or 1541-II, shit loads of real floppies and transfer any multiload .D64's to floppy. It's cheaper and will probably work.
[Reply]
1980-20.. 08:07 20th September 2009
Originally Posted by Cortona:
Ha! Outrun was truly dire. The Spectrum version was better.

Anyway, you didn't really expect a 20 year-old tape deck to have clean heads, did you?
wow if the spectrum version is better that game must be truly dire.
[Reply]
Buleste 09:02 20th September 2009
Originally Posted by 1980-20..:
Originally Posted by Cortona:
Ha! Outrun was truly dire. The Spectrum version was better.

Anyway, you didn't really expect a 20 year-old tape deck to have clean heads, did you?
wow if the spectrum version is better that game must be truly dire.
It's worse than that.
[Reply]
Buleste 09:06 24th September 2009
For anyone who's interested here's a logo I created for the cartridge case of the MMC Replay.

just print it off, cut it out and stick it on to make your MMC Replay look a little smarter.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up