Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Amiga and C64 Magazines
rayzorblue 22:17 6th August 2009
I am going to be receiving I would imagine quite a lot of Amiga and Commodore 64 magazines in the very near future and wondered if they are not worth anything (which I am pretty sure they are not right?) does someone want them, this is not a first come first served basis I know a few of the people on the site and I know who I would give them to first if they asked but feel free to say you want them and I will sort it.
Although bear in mind I do not drive and I live in Cumbria UK. I'm not sure when I am gonna get them but it should be soon, my Dad is moving out his house so he is giving me the Amiga 500, the C64 and whatever else he has lying around
Oh and hello everyone.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:23 7th August 2009
Well, we are going to try and get the long talked about Amiga magazine section started before the end of this year so I would be very interested in any Amiga magazines I'm currently missing for scanning for the site. So when you get them could you do a list and give me first refusal on any I need for the site?
[Reply]
demusse 10:21 7th August 2009
@Harrison

i just got hold of all the Amiga Formats, CU's, a lot of Powers, Shoppers, Actives, Futures ...
also the first and only Amiga.org.
I still have to sort them out though.
[Reply]
rayzorblue 17:30 7th August 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Well, we are going to try and get the long talked about Amiga magazine section started before the end of this year so I would be very interested in any Amiga magazines I'm currently missing for scanning for the site. So when you get them could you do a list and give me first refusal on any I need for the site?
Yeah of course you are first on the list, the old man was going to throw them out but I told him to just send them to me. As soon as I get them I will post a list of what I have and then take it from there. Does anyone want any C64 mags? I am sure there will be a few of them too. Not sure what to do with the hardware to be honest, I might try firing it up see if it all works, when I get hold of it all I will ask you all a few questions probably. There will also be a load of disks, for the Amiga as well, will you want the magazine cover disks? will they still work even?
Forgot to add, as some of the games I owned where bought, would you like me to take pictures of the boxes for them for the site or anything like that? If there is anything you would like me to do with the stuff I am getting just ask and I will do my best.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:55 7th August 2009
If you have a flatbed scanned, then scanning the front and back of the boxes and each of the disks (for the disk labels) would be great.

And coverdisks for the same reason. It is good to have them for scanning to obtain an image of the original disk labels. Most floppy disks to still work as well, unless they have been stored badly (damp or cold locations, or near to magnetic sources such as CRT TV and monitors or speakers).
[Reply]
rayzorblue 15:02 22nd August 2009
Ok got the mags, not that many actually only two boxes will post details when I have had a look. Got my scanner working so will do some box art etc I put some examples below. Just let me know what size,format etc you need them in.

Is this the sort of stuff your looking for?
[Reply]
Harrison 11:08 25th August 2009
Definitely, and those images sizes are perfect. Although it is nice to have the whole disk in the image along with the label. Great stuff.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up