Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Asus Laptop....DEAD.
Submeg 21:15 21st November 2009
I could do that, but atm I need my money first....really hope that they stop being bitches about it.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:45 13th December 2009
UPDATE: So I actually got a FULL refund! Amazing, only took 7 months! anyway, I finally had to decide on a laptop...going with the fact that I was using this laptop for purely music, I decided to bite the bullet and go with a Mac. That's right, the guy that hates Macs owns one. Have to say, somethings are better, others are worse, but overall it's just different. Really, that's all it is. I don't mind it, I'm still getting used to it so I'm no pro. I had to wait all day for iTunes to sort out my library from XP so that I didn't lose my plays, ratings and play lists....only took 13 hours
[Reply]
Harrison 13:14 14th December 2009
They are nicely designed laptops. I know I go on about not liking Macs, but it is more the over pricing of their hardware that I don't like.

And you can always install XP/Vista or Win 7 on there for a dual boot system, which is the best of both worlds.
[Reply]
Submeg 11:01 15th December 2009
Yea pricing is a bit wtf but what can I do...I got a pretty good deal, so yea not too upset about it Things are a bit all over the place, but I guess, if you were an idiot and knew nothing about computers, this is the best option lol
[Reply]
Harrison 11:43 15th December 2009
Did you take out an extended warranty with it? I would highly recommend you do.

Apple hardware is fairly robust, without any major hardware failures, but their ports still seem quite fragile compared to PCs. A friend works at an Apple store and he said they get loads of Mac laptops back with USB and network ports that just break and need a new motherboard to fix them. And Apple still have some battery issues, although I think that effect iPods more than laptops.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:04 15th December 2009
Yep got the extended warranty....very expensive tho! hmm, don't wanna hear that about the USB ports, they are what I will be using the most! It's ok about the battery, this unit will only ever be run off mains, so not too worried about that. Ipods....I wouldn't know, I usually use mine every day in the car so it gets recharged so I don't notice!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up