Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Asus Laptop....DEAD.
Buleste 17:44 5th August 2009
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I have a dead battery for one of my laptops, and I got another one, which unfortunately isn't working 100%. Ok, it's always better than the old one, but still, it only loads until 80% and decreases very fast.

I put the old one in the freezer yesterday to do a test have to remind me to take it out though.
Just don't put in the microwave to defrost it...
Put it in a friends microwave to defrost it.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:43 5th August 2009
The thing is, the battery still holds its charge ok, it doesnt die straight away?
[Reply]
J T 18:55 6th August 2009
Funnily enough, my PC had started to (from time to time) fail to recognise one or both of the HDDs on POST, or most often would recognise them but not boot up. Fiddling about with the cables and stuff a bit would often sort it out, along with maybe a bit of mucking about in the BIOS with boot priorities and stuff.

The other day it did it again, and I noticed in the BIOS all the dates were wrong and the clock was at 0:00. Swapped the buttone cell battery (for one i'd only just put in the kitchen scales) and it worked. Seems OK so far, let's hope it stays that way.

Oh, it's an ASUS mobo
[Reply]
Harrison 01:25 7th August 2009
How old was the motherboard JT? Button batteries generally only last 2-3 years in a working system. Much longer in one that isn't used much.

I still don't know why they don't use some form of rechargeable cell for the CMOS, or even flash roms that don't require a continuous power source to hold their data.
[Reply]
J T 10:16 7th August 2009
It's about 2 and a bit years old, plus however long it was in the warehouse. Looked like a cheapo brand battery anyway, so it's probably done well.
[Reply]
Vangar 03:44 8th August 2009
The battery is usually a C0 2032 and is easily replaced, if that is ever a problem.
[Reply]
J T 20:57 8th August 2009
It's CR2032 actually, buddy, but thanks anyway. It's a very common type of battery.
[Reply]
Submeg 14:34 11th November 2009
An update on the situation...basically, the laptop is a piece of rubbish (never buying an ASs sUcking piece of Shit again) and I'm now forcing myer to cough up with the money they owe me. What should I start looking for in a laptop? I'm looking to use it for music mainly...however I may want to play games on it
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:59 11th November 2009
So far I'm happy with my Acer Aspire 7735ZG, but I have to admit that I didn't use it that much yet. Gonna buy Windows 7 perhaps now and install it.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:37 11th November 2009
If you ever get the opportunity avoid Asrock lick the plague (yes I know they are a subsiduary of Asus but with all the good points taken out.) I had a mobo from, then earlier on in the year and it made my 3.4 CPU go at 2.5, it couldn't handle my graphics card so I got another, crapier, graphics card that it could handle and ruined the performance of that and after 2 weeks the mobo died.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up