Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread: Finland ahead!
Cortona 22:34 1st July 2009
Can you bring me back some licorice vodka? It seems to be only available in Scandinavian countries.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:29 13th July 2009
I'm back now, will have to order my photos and then post some, if girlfriend is Ok with that

Originally Posted by Cortona:
Can you bring me back some licorice vodka? It seems to be only available in Scandinavian countries.
You mean the Salmiakki?
[Reply]
Harrison 17:18 13th July 2009
Welcome back. Did you have a good time? How was meeting the parents?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:27 13th July 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Welcome back. Did you have a good time? How was meeting the parents?
Was great, although it gets a bit boring at her parents place, as there's nothing at all. Next house is even 500m away. And her parents don't speak english or any other language than finnish at all.

Her brother (20) was there all the time, and her oldest sister (28) and her husband were there too for a visit, and they both speak very good english. Later the youngest brother (17) also came, speaks english too, and later in Helsinki we met her younger sister (24), who studies there, and also speaks very good english.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:46 13th July 2009
So, you think you picked the right sister?
[Reply]
Puni/Void 18:43 13th July 2009
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I'm back now, will have to order my photos and then post some, if girlfriend is Ok with that

You mean the Salmiakki?
Salmiakki. That's the stuff. It's very common here in the North, but I know that it's not mainstream in the rest of Europe. Did you try the "Penguin" candy? Those super-salty and super-strong? If not, then I can get some for you if you want.
[Reply]
Cortona 22:40 13th July 2009
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:

You mean the Salmiakki?
Do I? I have no idea. In Iceland it's called Úlfur - vodkaskot. Did you drink any? It is one of the pleasures of going to a another country - trying out the beers and spirits that you can't get at home!
[Reply]
Harrison 23:28 13th July 2009
I totally agree with that. Apart from seeing the great scenary of another country and learning some of the culture and history, the greatest thing is enjoying and experiencing the food and drink from a country or region. So far my favourite food is still Greek. I love some of the simple meals they make such as feta stuffed peppers. However real Italian food (not the tourist restaurant stuff) is just as nice and really enjoyable.

Visiting Greece or Italy, it is very easy to put a Stone in weight on in a week!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:18 14th July 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
So, you think you picked the right sister?
Yes, I guess, although her older sister looks very nice But you already saw a photo of my girlfriend, she's very nice too

I already drank Salmiakki here in Luxembourg, from her, you can get it at a scandinavian shop here. I don't like it that much, the licorice has a very strong taste. Didn't see "Pinguin candy", and she didn't mention it either.

Their beers are all very good, I tasted following:

- Karhu
- Olvi
- Sandels
- Karjala
- Koff (which I think is the best)

I also ate reindeer and moose
[Reply]
Harrison 15:33 14th July 2009
We can get Koff in the UK and I agree it is very nice. Although it might not be exactly the same. It is brewed by the Carlsberg group.

Talking beers, my favourite at the moment is the Czech beer Pilsner Urquell. I bet living close to Germany you know it well?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6
Up