Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Xp on your phone?
Harrison 23:30 1st July 2009
The only links that should go back to the full site are the ones in the "what's happening on the forum..." section. All of the actual forums should work properly and stay in the mobile skin. I've fully tested it on my PSP and that worked fine.
[Reply]
Teho 15:14 2nd July 2009
Ah that explains it then. I've probably just tried the Unread, Today's and New posts links like I always do.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:48 2nd July 2009
The Today's posts link should have worked fine. It was just the hard coded links for Hiscore Comp, Quiz, POTM and CA Raffle which don't work and take you back to the main site layout.
[Reply]
Teho 16:56 2nd July 2009
Just tried it, the Today's Posts link definitely sends me to the original layout. However it does stay in the mobile layout if I just go straight to the forum list and onwards.

That's using Opera 8.65 for Windows Mobile. Tested with the IE browser *spit* on it too, same thing.
[Reply]
Harrison 18:01 2nd July 2009
Maybe the newer browsers don't tell the server they are mobile browsers on the latest phones? Could be a reason why as the server is trying to detect what it is running on to decide which to serve.

There is however an update to the code I'm using for this so I will update it when I get chance and see if that helps.
[Reply]
Teho 20:42 2nd July 2009
The Opera browser has the option and is set to identify as a mobile device. But now that you mention it several other sites that ought to recognise that and serve the mobile pages right away, don't. And several others again do. So not sure what's going on there.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up