Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Burns Flipper from longest journey?
burns flipper 12:59 2nd July 2009
I'm just waiting for someone to invent the Holodeck so I can actually go to Arcadia for real.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:26 2nd July 2009
I think it will be some time yet before that happened! Although you never know. Look at the pace of computer technology in just 40 years. What will it be like in another 30?
[Reply]
Tiago 18:15 2nd August 2009
I finnish Longest Journey, what a excellentgame, i think i was my best adventure game ever !!!!!!

I just bought the sequel (not a true sequel,but a sequel) in Steam. "Dreamfall" !!

I can't wait to play this one to.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:51 3rd August 2009
You will defintiely enjoy that one just as much.
[Reply]
Tiago 16:19 3rd August 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
You will defintiely enjoy that one just as much.
howwwww
i try it yesterday, i was not aspecting a adventure game with "combats".
That view, how do you say (not fps) similar to tom raider or splinter cell? isometric?
kind a dificult to get used to, but it looks great, the history looks great, just like the 1st one.
[Reply]
burns flipper 12:34 4th August 2009
There's not much combat at all - and some of it can be avoided. The combat is very easy too, just pick a few hitting moves and repeatedly do them until you defeat the opponent. I think there's only about 3 or 4 combat sections so don't worry about it, it doesn't detract from the gameplay. I defeated everyone on my first attempt, and I don't play combat games at all. Still, save often just in case!

Dreamfall is a very dark game but it is done very well and explores a lot of subjects. Like The Longest Journey, it's all about the "mystery" and you have to try and piece everything togather. You still won't have all the parts to the puzzle when you get to the end, but that's great because it means you have to start thinking about everything that happened in the game, and also how it relates to The Longest Journey, and then you start putting more pieces of the puzzle togather, this time spanning both games.

Also, running around Marcuria in 3D in the snow is absolutely beautiful. TLJ has a big following and bringing some of the same locations to full 3D made such an incredible impact - you can run around the streets and alleyways, talk to whoever you want, and go to new places. It has great attention to details - not just in the locations but to the story - and will leave you wanting to know the rest of the story.

Let us know when you've finished it so we can start discussing it
[Reply]
Tiago 13:03 4th August 2009
I will take a long time, i do not play it every day, and not so many hours as i would like, but i will give you some feedback
[Reply]
burns flipper 13:15 6th August 2009
Take your time and really explore everything
[Reply]
Tiago 16:33 3rd October 2009
Just finnish DreamFall.... OMG !
I only had a few hours a week,and i just finnished it 5 minutes ago.

Longest Journey and Dreamfall in my opinion were the best adventure games so far!!
Brilliant !! Storyline is the very Best there is ( Stark or Arcadia )

It is a very complex story, special as english is not my native language.

Oh boy, but is lives to many questions around...

If you like a good story... try it !!!
[Reply]
burns flipper 10:33 7th October 2009
Glad you enjoyed Dreamfall too! It's an incredible game, and you get a lot more out of it if you've played TLJ first. So many questions! It was incredibly well-written as a story and dialogue, and even better that you get to roam around the streets of Marcuria in 3D as if you live there.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up