Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Does anyone have screenshots of Amiga software? I like to start an archive
lastexile 23:28 20th June 2009
Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone can contribute to a site I am building to archive Amiga software screenshots. I am trying to create a site for designers so they can research how different operating systems and software look.

If you have some screens you like to share, please come visit my site and upload them via a simple upload java applet that allows you to simply drag and drop screenshots into the browser to upload.

I prefer 10-12 screenshots per program/application in PNG format.

Here's upload link.

screenshotsdatabase.com/index.php?/uploader_plus&id=75

Please name your files the name of program. And no spaces.

Thanks!
Scott
[Reply]
woody.cool 16:20 22nd June 2009
I regularly use Amiga software as I'm an Amiga fanatic.
I'm sure I could get a few screen shots to you.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:12 22nd June 2009
Hi lastexile.

Interesting idea for a site.

Are the screenshots going to be open source and usable by anyone on their own sites or in their own projects?

I ask because classicamiga needs as many Amiga related screenshots as we can get ourselves for our Game, Demo scene, Software and Hardware directories, so a cross sharing of screenshots would be a good idea.

Also screenshots by their very nature cannot be copyrighted because their content is owned by their original software creators and publishers. We therefore don't agree with sites claiming screenshots as being their property, either via copyright notices, or through the use of illegal watermarking. So if you are happy with that way of thinking then I would be happy to discuss and share screenshots between classicamiga and your project.

To everyone else.

Don't forget that classicamiga still needs a lot of game and software screenshots for the directories. And there are still tons of demo scene productions we don't yet have on the site that need screenshots taken and the info entered for.
[Reply]
woody.cool 17:26 22nd June 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
To everyone else.

Don't forget that classicamiga still needs a lot of game and software screenshots for the directories. And there are still tons of demo scene productions we don't yet have on the site that need screenshots taken and the info entered for.
My above offer extends to ClassicAmiga.
I use various different pieces of software all the time on the Amiga, so I can supply pics as and when.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:33 22nd June 2009
Great stuff Woody. If you do any screenshots you can email them directly to me for inclusion, or alternatively I can give you details of our upload ftp server.
[Reply]
woody.cool 18:23 22nd June 2009
OK, Whatever you see fit.
Are you after screen shots of PD software too? or just mainstream apps?
[Reply]
Harrison 00:34 23rd June 2009
If the PD games or software are good and you think they are worthwhile being included then yes, please do include them. Some PD and shareware software is just as good as anything commercial, especially on the Amiga. And you can often find some great PD games too.

And what we really need the most is more productivity software added to the site. We already have a lot of games and demos included, with staff members working on both of those fairly regularly and adding more informaton and screenshots, as well as new entries. But the software section only really has me working on it so far, with a few additions from staff. So we still needs a lot more content and additional software added, so if you have some time and would like to create screenshots for productivity software (anything that isn't a game or demo) then it would be great.
[Reply]
woody.cool 09:56 23rd June 2009
Ok Harrison,
I'll get some screenshots sorted out soon.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:42 23rd June 2009
Great

I will PM you the ftp details for when you are ready.
[Reply]
woody.cool 14:35 23rd June 2009
Cool.
I'm not gonna be at home tonight after work, until quite late, so not much opportunity at the moment, however, tomorrow is prime time to do some screenies.
Just a quick reminder, in WinUAE, there's a key that does a screenshot straight to a .BMP ... what button is it that does that?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up