Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Terminator Salvation
Sharingan 18:02 27th July 2008
So, apparently they're filming a fourth Terminator film starring Christian Bale as an adult John Connor.

I'm hoping it will be a good 'reboot' to the series as Batman Begins was for the Batman franchise. T3 simply didn't do it for me, despite having a knockout gorgeous babe in it.

Christian Bale's a terrific actor, so I've got no doubts he'll be able to play a badass John Connor. The biggest challenge will be the script. There's so much potential for a memorable story, but if the writing is left in the wrong hands, all we'll be getting is a lot of Hollywood cheese.
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 18:05 27th July 2008
Well.... McG is at the helm... He of Charlie's Angels infamy!

They are looking at making it PG-13 Which could be bad for the whole franchise.
[Reply]
Sharingan 18:07 27th July 2008
Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
Well.... McG is at the helm... He of Charlie's Angels infamy!

Oh well. Maybe there'll be another reboot in 10 years time.
[Reply]
Buleste 20:36 27th July 2008
We all know that the series should have stopped at Terminator. The rest we should blank out of our memories. BTW McG also had a hand in The O.C. Nuff Said!!!!
[Reply]
Ghost 22:53 27th July 2008
While I liked Terminator 2 it would probably have been better if they had not continued the franchise, perhaps just make a director's cut with every cut out segment in it.

Or a Future War movie that showed the PA future before it was changed in Terminator 2.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 13:57 28th July 2008
Originally Posted by Ghost:
While I liked Terminator 2 it would probably have been better if they had not continued the franchise, perhaps just make a director's cut with every cut out segment in it.

Or a Future War movie that showed the PA future before it was changed in Terminator 2.
I enjoyed both The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Those were great movies, and I've watched them countless times in the past. I've watched Terminator 3 once, and that was enough. I didn't like it. Needless to say, I don't have any huge hopes for number 4.

Like you Ghost, I've thought about the future war scenario. The parts from Terminator 1 with Kyle Reese fighting the machines are both intriguing and exciting. The music is excellent as well.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:13 28th July 2008
Why not release a 4th one? If it's bad, I just don't care, if it's good, great.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 14:38 28th July 2008
Originally Posted by Sharingan:
a badass John Connor.
Yeah right.
Watch T2 again.
He was a whinging atari owning bitch.

If he had been an Amiga child, the war would have been won by the humans early days.
[Reply]
Ghost 15:00 28th July 2008
Originally Posted by P G:
I enjoyed both The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Those were great movies, and I've watched them countless times in the past. I've watched Terminator 3 once, and that was enough. I didn't like it. Needless to say, I don't have any huge hopes for number 4.

Like you Ghost, I've thought about the future war scenario. The parts from Terminator 1 with Kyle Reese fighting the machines are both intriguing and exciting. The music is excellent as well.
Personally to me the franchise is ruined, I didn't like Terminator 3 and I find the idea of a Terminator is series incredible stupid.
It is already full of clichés from what I have read about it.

I no longer care.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:06 28th July 2008
I didn't like Terminator 3 either, already the fact in using a female Terminator, how crap was that. Ok, she looks nice, but do we really need that? Prefer a good pr0n then
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up