Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: British GP at Silverstone for the final time!
Bloodwych 16:24 16th June 2009
I realised what chicanes you meant xpect and I agree with you.

It was just the mention of chicanes immediately reminded me of these strange ones that now exist with nothing more than rasied curbs and/or plastic bollards. Or temporary ones that were added in a hurry due to safty concerns in past years. Drivers seem to overshoot them all the time because they can get away with it.

One even turned up at Monaco this year which Massa kept flying over (and getting warned however). And there are quite a few more I'm sure. Didn't Hamilton overshoot past a Ferrari last year in one of those.

Brundle always complains about them!
[Reply]
Harrison 16:27 16th June 2009
Yeah, I don't like them either. A bit pointless in my view.
[Reply]
xpect 16:32 16th June 2009
Originally Posted by Bloodwych:
Brundle always complains about them!

Exactly! They drive them nuts! He complained about Massa over and over in Monaco, the poor bloke.

I do enjoy BBC coverage. The best there is in my opinion.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:53 16th June 2009
Definitely. A huge improvement over ITV. A much better line-up of commentators and much better uninterrupted coverage. Plus the after race red button F1 forum, which is great as I used to hate it when the program was cut off quickly on ITV, often missing the drivers press conference, just so they could put Constipation street on.
[Reply]
Tiago 17:57 16th June 2009
Originally Posted by :
Shame. I used to know all the classics off by heart via F1GP on the Amiga!
Yes Bloodwych, that's right !! F1GP from Microprose. THE GAME !!!
F1 turns even more interesting after the game came out.
[Reply]
Bloodwych 18:04 16th June 2009
I used to do a F1GP qualifying and race the same weekend as the real GP. I did all the car setup work too - made me so proud!

Also thought I was better than the real drivers!
[Reply]
Bloodwych 11:48 17th June 2009
Ok, I am feeling a little sorry for Silverstone now. I was watching some old races here (UK IP's only I'm afraid):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben..._prix_hig.html

In 1987 the entire crowd swamped the track when Mansell won and nothing was thought of it. In fact Murray said it was "fantastic" and not to worry as the British crowd would return in an orderly fashion back to their seats for the next race.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:56 17th June 2009
Originally Posted by Bloodwych:
I used to do a F1GP qualifying and race the same weekend as the real GP. I did all the car setup work too - made me so proud!

Also thought I was better than the real drivers!
I still do that with Grandprix 4.

And I also tend to get the urge to fire up various different Tennis games when each of the mayor tournaments are being played.
[Reply]
Teho 15:11 17th June 2009
I used to play F1GP a lot as well, though I was never that into the sport. Great game, Geoff Crammond sure knew what he was doing. Anyone heard what he's up to these days? After Grand Prix 4 he apparently started working on the sequel to Stunt Car Racer (which I'd love to see), but that was quite a few years ago and his publisher has since gone bankrupt.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:22 17th June 2009
The Wiki page about him says no one has heard anything about him since GP4 in 2005. I wonder what he is doing these days?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up