Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: New handheld Retro Gaming console
Harrison 00:32 16th June 2009
The GP2X and its predecessors are great handhelds for retro emulation fans. It definitely has a wide range of emulators and other software already available due to the easy recompiling of existing Linux code for the platform.

And this new one has a faster 533MHz Arm9 CPU so emulation should run well.

I don't know anything about the other one though. At $100 it isn't really expensive. About the same as a mid range MP3 player, and it it does have battery life was claimed and it well made with good controls and screen then it could be worth it.

However I have a PSP and run a lot of emulators on that and it does me for the moment. SNES games run especially well.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:37 16th June 2009
I just found a lot more information about the system here.

It seems to only have built in emulation for NES, SNES, GBA, Genesis and Neo Geo. There is a video showing it working though.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 00:39 16th June 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
It seems to only have built in emulation for NES, SNES, GBA, Genesis and Neo Geo. There is a video showing it working though.
Yeah, I saw that too this afternoon, so I guess the variety of emulators is limited, obviously more than on the PSP or the GP2X.
[Reply]
Teho 04:51 16th June 2009
Originally Posted by Teho:
According to Thinkgeek's product page, it doesn't need you to install any emulators. It plays the roms out of the box. Also it plays a bunch of audio and video formats, and has a radio and ebook reader software. All you need to provide is the media.
Originally Posted by harrison:
I just found a lot more information about the system here.
Am I on your ignore list or something?
[Reply]
Harrison 11:06 16th June 2009
Oops, didn't spot the link in your post mate.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up