Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Monkey island is back - "Tales of Monkey Island"
Harrison 09:13 18th July 2009
The first one was definitely a big game. I remember it taking me much longer than 5 hours when I originally completed it years ago. Will definitely be getting hold of the update/remake.
[Reply]
Shoonay 10:09 18th July 2009
Personally I didn't finish it "in the good old days" since I was too young, too hasty and after weeks, months even of trying I got bored somewhere in the 1st act.
It was around ~2003, armed with a solution, that I finally did finish the trio.
Hasn't tried 4th one yet, not very eager to do so...
[Reply]
Harrison 10:21 18th July 2009
Did you ever plat Future Wars or Lure of the Temptress? Those were my two favourite Adventures from the Amiga days. Both quite large, with a load of different locations and events.
[Reply]
Shoonay 10:57 18th July 2009
Nope, seen only a longplay of those - I've been more into Universe, Innocent Until Caught, and of course all the Polish adventures back then
[Reply]
Shoonay 19:21 18th July 2009
Oh yeah, about SoMI SE one more time... TCD from EAB just reminded me that I forgot to mention that the new interface sucks.
The icons/names aren't always on the screen, and you either have to press V to show them, press the shortcut key to activate the desired action, or move the mouse-wheel to switch between them.
Many times I found meself switching back to the old look, to do some tricky actions that required using something on something...
Besides, the name of the SCUMM BAR (the place ) doesn't make sense now
[Reply]
Ghost 03:56 21st July 2009
I bought the episode pack about two weeks ago.

It was quite fun to play MI again but I miss Earl Boen's voice, he played LeChuck so well, I do like the new marquis character.

Sadly I finished the first episode rather quick.
[Reply]
Shoonay 08:21 21st July 2009
Originally Posted by Ghost:
Sadly I finished the first episode rather quick.
Yes, it is a bit too short, but if you consider it as one (new) episode = one act (from the original), it sounds better, no?
[Reply]
Shoonay 21:11 20th August 2009
Hey guys, The Tales of Monkey Island Episode 2 - Siege of Spinner Cay is out
[Reply]
J T 18:36 27th August 2009
Originally Posted by :
I've played the remake (Monkey Island special edition) on the 360 and it is very well done indeed, although I think i preferred the more realisitic character-look to the new cartoon style, some of the faces (Gov Marley) look a bit too goofy. The ability to switch back to classic mode on the fly is super neat; but I did find myself switching to calssic mode and back repeatedly rather often so I could have a look at every location in the style I remembered.
Me in another Monkey Island thread on here.

I am really very tempted to try these new episodic MI games. By the way, I have never played MI3. Anyone got a copy to sell/lend (or a full ISO - sure I had one somewhere once upon a time, but there was a problem with it iirc)?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up