Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Clones that were better than the originals
Teho 22:25 1st June 2009
Parasol Stars was actually the third one, yes. But there is another game called Bubble Memories: The Story of Bubble Bobble III which was actually the fifth related game. The fourth one was Bubble Symphony. Neither of these two had Amiga releases I think.

I quite liked Rodland as well. It wasn't that different from other such games but there was something about it that made it great fun to play.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 14:17 2nd June 2009
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Parasol Stars was the third in the Rainbow Islands series wasn't it? After Bubble Bobble and then Rainbow Islands.

Rodlands is in my view the best Bubble Bobble clone as it added a lot of new and different elements, including how you killed the enemies. I wasn't as fond of Snow Bros or that other one on the CD32. Too similar to the original.
Yes, Parasol Stars was the follow-up to Rainbow Islands. Personally I've enjoyed Parasol Stars far more than Rainbow Islands. This is a bit due to the possibility of multiplayer.

Rodland is a great game. One of the better platformers out there. As you say, it offered something new when it came to getting rid of enemies.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:24 2nd June 2009
You could play Rainbow Islands in multiplayer too though.
[Reply]
Graham Humphrey 14:31 2nd June 2009
Not on the Amiga you couldn't, I'm sure of it.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 14:32 2nd June 2009
When I'm thinking of multiplayer in these games, I'm thinking of two people playing at the same time. I believe there was an option for two-player in Rainbow Islands, but then you had to wait for your turn.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:05 2nd June 2009
I agree with Rodland!
[Reply]
Sharingan 21:41 19th June 2009
I suppose Banshee was a '1942' clone, and yes, I thought it was better, not only because of the graphics.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:57 19th June 2009
Blasteroids and Super Stardust were brilliant Asteroids clones that were better.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up