Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: The Pirate Party
Puni/Void 19:31 28th May 2009
Some of you might be familiar with the political party known as The Pirate Party. For those of you who aren't, here's a quick introduction:

Originally Posted by :

Introduction to Politics and Principles

The Pirate Party wants to fundamentally reform copyright law, get rid of the patent system, and ensure that citizens' rights to privacy are respected. With this agenda, and only this, we are making a bid for representation in the European and Swedish parliaments.

Not only do we think these are worthwhile goals. We also believe they are realistically achievable on a European basis. The sentiments that led to the formation of the Pirate Party in Sweden are present throughout Europe. There are already similar political initiatives under way in several other member states. Together, we will be able to set a new course for a Europe that is currently heading in a very dangerous direction.
You can find more information here.

Anyway, what I wanted to write, was that The Pirate Party is making HUGE progress in Sweden. Did you know that the party now has 47204 members in Sweden? If I'm not mistaken, they are now the thirdest largest party in that country. (If one considers the amount of members, not voters.)

They are also gaining in the polls, and this is sending shockwaves through the political establishment.

Here's the International homepage of the party.

I'm not affiliated with the party, but I thought it would be interesting for you to know.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up