Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Which browser(s) do you regularly use?
Which browser(s) do you regularly use?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5
    Thread: Which Brower(s)?
    Harrison 23:16 20th March 2009
    It has been over 2 years since I created the original Which Browser poll, so I thught it would be interesting to see if every is still using the same browser(s), or if you have switched. Also as there are now newer browsers available I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone is using them now.

Those from Norway might be pleased to learn that I'm now using Opera more as my main browser, with Firefox 3 being the second I use nearly as much. I would use Opera more, but it isn't 100% compatible with web standards. Some things don't work on sites and some bits of sites are sometimes missing, so for web development work Firefox is still the best option. But for speed and stability Opera is one of the best.

So what are you using now? This time you can pick more than one.
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 00:25 21st March 2009
    I continue to use Opera 9 about 99% of the time. Firefox 1.5 and IE5 are both there though if needed.

I also use Opera on my PowerBook and IBrowse on my Amiga, but I havn't used the Amiga for internet purposes much recently.
    [Reply]
    Graham Humphrey 07:21 21st March 2009
    Firefox 3 for me. Stuck with IE at work, however.
    [Reply]
    woody.cool 09:21 21st March 2009
    I tried IE8 out of curiosity, but I always use Firefox 3 and have gone back to it.
    I divorced IE many years ago (I think I stopped using it around IE 5.0, so back in the Win95 days)

I've also voted Mobile Browser too, as I use the borwser on my Samsung mobile quite a bit.

[edit] I should have read that list more extensively ..... I also use AWeb regularly, when I'm on my A3000 or my A1200 [/edit]
    [Reply]
    Tiago 10:19 21st March 2009
    Firefox 3 at home and IE 6 at work
    [Reply]
    Teho 11:22 21st March 2009
    I still use Opera of course, also on my phone. They just don't make them better than that.

I never use my PS3's browser. Even if I'm at the PS3's main menu and want to look up something, I use the PC instead. The browser on the PS3 really is a piece of garbage.
    [Reply]
    rayzorblue 11:31 21st March 2009
    I use firefox 3 because I love the customisation and I also use the Wii browser occasionally to view the BBC's Iplayer on the TV because the good old BBC have made it specially Wii compatible, unlike ITV which runs on the awful silverlight software which doesn't even work properly on the PC half the time and it doesn't work at all on the Wii.
    [Reply]
    thirtywinter 20:13 21st March 2009
    Google Chrome. Fast and neat. Just the way I like'em!
    [Reply]
    Harrison 17:29 22nd March 2009
    Originally Posted by thirtywinter:
    Google Chrome. Fast and neat. Just the way I like'em!
    And full of Google spyware! Collecting everything you do in the browser and storing in their huge archiving computers. This includes your cookies, passwords, email addresses and login information. If you think the FBI want to keep tabs on someone's progress, you haven't witnessed Google's attempts!
    [Reply]
    thirtywinter 21:47 22nd March 2009
    I'm fine with any tracking software they might have. I actually use Gmail for business purposes as well in conjunction with the Google G1 phone. Very handy.

That being said, you have peaked my curiosity. Do you have any links to back this up with?
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5
    Up