Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Which browser(s) do you regularly use?
Which browser(s) do you regularly use?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4 5
    Thread: Which Brower(s)?
    Demon Cleaner 15:03 24th March 2009
    Switched from Firefox 2 to 3 some days ago and basically use it most of the time.
    [Reply]
    woody.cool 08:24 25th March 2009
    All the cool kids are Firefoxed up nowadays
    [Reply]
    Buleste 10:05 28th March 2009
    I use FF3 and IE7 (well I don't my mother does) which I've just upgraded to IE8. IE8 the most nothing upgrade ever. Whereas there was a big change graphically between 6 and 7, IE8 is the same as 7. I can't tell any difference. The only thing that's prbably different is the fact that M$ have released more M$ tying software and protocols so that you have to use M$ software or else!
    [Reply]
    v85rawdeal 19:45 28th March 2009
    Originally Posted by woody.cool:
    Yey, I'm cool (but don't tell Buleste that...)
    [Reply]
    Buleste 19:55 28th March 2009
    Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
    Originally Posted by woody.cool:
    Yey, I'm cool (but don't tell Buleste that...)
    Going round setting wildlife alight doesn't count. You can't be Roastedsquirreled or Flambedbadgered either.
    [Reply]
    TiredOfLife 07:50 29th March 2009
    Stuck with IE7 at work.
    The pc that is not connected to our network but is connected to the internet has Firefox3.

At home I use Safari on my Ipod Touch and OWB which is a webkit based browser, on my Amiga.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 13:30 30th March 2009
    Safari... shudders! What a horrible browser. Well, I don't like it anyway. OK, it does render webpages correctly as it sticks to the same web standards as Firefox and Opera do. However I just can't get past the really horrible Apple full page anti aliasing they force the browser to use, even on the PC version.
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 15:48 30th March 2009
    At least in MacOSX, if you hack the anti aliasing setting to off, there will be no anti aliasing in Safari.

But I'd say it is better than the Cleartype that IE7 forces upon you if you don't get chance to switch it off when you load IE up on your non-roaming profile on a big network. (Luckily most of the computers in college also have Firefox).

I really should have a go at getting OWB going sometime.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 17:49 30th March 2009
    Cleartype is an OS level setting on Vista. Therefore it can be turned off and will then not be a part of IE. Personally I like Cleartype. It improves text a lot on LCD monitors. However if you are using a CRT then it doesn't help, and should be switched off.
    [Reply]
    Stephen Coates 18:57 30th March 2009
    I was refering to how it comes on by default in IE7 on Windows XP, even if XP has it switch off.

Of course, if college hadn't got rid of roaming profiles, I could have switched it off the first time I loaded it up and kept it switch off, but instead I have to switch it off every time I get IE up.

I expect Cleartype can be set up to an extent that it would be quite nice, but as I don't use XP I have never been able to fiddle with it much. It really isn't good for my eyes most of the times I have seen it (with small fonts at least).
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4 5
    Up