Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Helping out with site content
Harrison 23:49 7th February 2007
We are very eager for all members to help out with the content of the main site. If you would like to offer some help please let us know. Either by sending a PM to myself, Harrison, or by posting a thread asking if you can help in the Suggestions and Feedback forum, listing what you would like to help with.

Areas of the main site members can help out with:
For members who wish to aid classicamiga with ongoing creation of content for the site, they will be considered for promotion to VIP or Staff Member level, depending on the type and quantity of content they provide. This will give them access to special Staff Member areas to aid discussion on site development and content making.

We hope some of you are interested in creating content for the site to help us make it the best resource of Amiga content on the internet.
[Reply]
Sharingan 14:20 18th July 2007
Question: when I submit a user review to a game (taking care to fill in the security code and such), is the review supposed to show up right away, or does it get sent to a staff member first for approval?

I just submitted a small review for Another World, but after pressing submit, it just returned to the game's summary screen, and the review doesn't show up.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:31 18th July 2007
It has to be approved, but I took a look now, and I can't find it, so I suppose that only the admin can approve a review.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:52 18th July 2007
I've added a review for Battle Trucks now, an awful game, so I had to write a review to warn people, I thought that was my duty to do this. Add it to editor's rating.

The first time I wrote the review, I wanted to edit it and resubmit it again, but I got several errors, and the review was lost. So I entered it a second time, and copied the text, and I edited again, and the same errors appeared, and the review was gone again. So I did the same a third time, and copied the text again. Where are the previous ones?? What happens when editing?

Have a look at that crappy game here.
[Reply]
AlexJ 16:59 18th July 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I've added a review for Battle Trucks now, an awful game, so I had to write a review to warn people, I thought that was my duty to do this. Add it to editor's rating.

The first time I wrote the review, I wanted to edit it and resubmit it again, but I got several errors, and the review was lost. So I entered it a second time, and copied the text, and I edited again, and the same errors appeared, and the review was gone again. So I did the same a third time, and copied the text again. Where are the previous ones?? What happens when editing?

Have a look at that crappy game here.
It's down to the AJAX I think - when you post your review the page updates automatically without reloading. This seems to create problems when you edit it straight away. I've found navigating away from the page, navigate back to it and refreshing avoids this, but I have taken to writing reviews in notepad and copying them over in case this it does happen to me.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:28 18th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
but I have taken to writing reviews in notepad and copying them over in case this it does happen to me.
Yeah, I'll have to do that in the future.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:23 18th July 2007
Yes this is due to AJAX. If you submit a new review and then try to edit it without fully refreshing the page it will confuse the code. It will still think the page is in the same state as before and try to submit the review again as a new one, breaking the review and losing it. Just refresh the whole page using your browser refresh button before trying to edit it again. Or naviate to another page and then back again.

Originally Posted by Sharingan:
Question: when I submit a user review to a game (taking care to fill in the security code and such), is the review supposed to show up right away, or does it get sent to a staff member first for approval?

I just submitted a small review for Another World, but after pressing submit, it just returned to the game's summary screen, and the review doesn't show up.
Normal site member reviews go into a validation review queue when they are submitted. I then check them and approve them from the backend. This is to prevent members registering with the site and then posting rubbish reviews or spam on the site.

If you submit any more reviews PM me and I will take a look and validate them for you.

BTW, nice review. I've promoted it to editor's review for Another World. Definitely the kind of reviews we are looking for.
[Reply]
Sharingan 22:00 18th July 2007
Thanks

I'll try to improve my standard of writing in the future. As you might've guessed, English isn't my native language ... I used to write a lot more, but have become a little rusty of late.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:12 18th July 2007
Your standard of writing, and your English are perfectly fine. You have nothing to worry about.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:13 18th July 2007
Originally Posted by :
I'll try to improve my standard of writing in the future. As you might've guessed, English isn't my native language
Same here, that's why I have problems writing reviews sometimes. It always looks very simple and I tend to make grammatical errors. But I've already been told, and it also has happened, that the other UK guys just correct it, and after that it's fine.

And imo your review is just perfect

Shall we promote my review as editor's rating, or leave it as comment?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up