Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Helping out with site content
Sharingan 12:27 20th July 2007
They're from a formerly British overseas colony, Hong Kong.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:16 20th July 2007
That's quite cool. They ended up quite a long way from Hong Kong. What made them move to Europe? Are you therefore actually of Chinese decent?

I had some friends from Hong Kong when at university, but sadly lost touch with them when we all left university. They moved back to Hong Kong where I kept in touch via email, but then they decided to setup an internet design company within China itself and at that point I lost contact with them completely. Mostly I think this was due to China's closed border internet policies. But equally the recent activities with the Chinese government closing down all internet activity within the country isn't good. It would be good to hear from them again, just to know all is well.
[Reply]
Sharingan 19:43 20th July 2007
I'm of Chinese descent, aye. Parents emigrated to Europe 35 years ago to seek a better (or different) future. Why they chose the land of the Dutch, I don't know ... I suppose it isn't all bad here, but I probably would've preferred the U.K. if I had a choice, if only for the snazzy accent you guys have

That, and the footy league, which simply is much more exciting.

Shame to hear that you lost contact with your study mates. I've lost quite a few contacts over the years as well - most of the time, people seem to just disappear the face of the earth, but if your pals actually did start a business in mainland China, the reason you stated may have had something to do with it. Hong Kong is still relatively 'untouched' by the meddling Chinese government, in contrast.
[Reply]
loopy 03:51 3rd November 2008
Hey to you all,
Very interested to help with what little I have but am still unable to attach any files or add ons or what you call them.
I've taken photos of some 40 cd's I have here, some from the aminet collection (15) and some cover cd's from C.U. Amiga (21) and Amiga Format mags(4).Only too willing to scan the cd covers if thats a help also have about 48 cover disks from various mags, some original game disks, a manual from Action Replay 3 (whole thing still boxed, even have an original a500 box ( the carton the 500 came in, will send on a photo later ) although very tatty is still quite readable.
Also have a 12 disk set of complete amiga C on floppies.
Now I carn't say they all still work but if I can get a monitor to work on the 1200 or 600 then I,ll soon let you know.
Hope I can be a help.
All the best,
loopy.

P.S.
Also would like to maybe do a story on how the 1200 went into the tower. Even though its been 10 years since it was done, a few photo's and a trip down memory lane would be great. Do you think there would be an interest for such a story.
all the best,
loopy.
[Reply]
Harrison 08:48 3rd November 2008
Hi Loopy.

For site content such as scans and images you can email them directly to me at dave@classicamiga.com.

Registered members can only attach files to their posts in certain forums, which is why you can't currently.

Regarding the tower conversion, it would be of great interest to many. And the new Wiki we are setting up could be a good place to put the story of your tower conversion. I will let you know when the wiki is ready to add content.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up